Spain declares lockdown on Covid-19

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Mar 14, 2020.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    The lockdown starts to ease a bit.
    Essential workers and some business opened up and Sunday children were allowed to go out.
    Today we were briefed about how the lockdown will be lifted in 4 stages.

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Updates
    After the lockdown, life pretty much went back to the usual flow but with some restrictions.
    What happened was that vast majority simply ignored the general guidelines and stepped out of their way, way too much.
    After losing the "fear" and fueled by stupid rumours or conspiracy theories, some simply acted way too stupid and arrogant and this is where things got out of control.
    Now, Southern Spain has a very ugly spike in new cases and there is a strong possibility to re-enter a local or regional lockdown.
    As I said many times, the lockdown purpose was to flatten the curve and minimize the risk.
    And that didn't make "the Rona" disappear.
    But say that to the average conspiracy fueled person, who simply can't and won't listen to reason, logic and precaution.
    So we brought this on ourselves and now we are in some serious trouble here in South.
    Hope that we will not re enter a new lockdown.
    And that will not limit or close the door for the new job I've found, only I know how difficult was to lose my job and worried about getting to the end of the month.

toyo and angelgraves13 like this.
  3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    And before anyone start saying this and that, yes we have cases in our community and people we know.
    Now, those who got it were "non-believers" and treated this nonchalantly and with a smirk on their face.
    Instantly they changed their tune and now some have serious symptoms and may require intubation. Families worried our of their mind for them...
    So yes, it is only when you burn your hand seriously you believe that there is a fire, even that you were warned countless times.
    Learning from your mistakes is a great way of getting experience, but learning from other mistakes is the smartest way.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    toyo, XP-200 and angelgraves13 like this.
  4. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Sorry for digging out the dead, but related:

Since today I live in a high risk area ... :(

https://www.sr.de/sr/home/nachricht...nalverband_saarbruecken_risikogebiet_100.html
    (Link is German, use Google Translator)

The graph looks like the graphs from Spanish Flu in whole Germany, a lot of people still think Corona is a lie. Protesters coming up with ideas why masks should be banned, everyone finds another excuse for not wearing one. :(

5. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    The thing that is also nearly identical with "Spanish Flu", is that back then people wouldn't believe it's real either. There's tons of historical evidence that populations refused or intensely fought back lock-downs and other measures, like mask wearing.

Then winter 2018 came and people were dying in droves, 10 times more than previous spike... ONLY THEN they finally learned their lesson and started actually protecting themselves the best they could. Even so, the 3rd wave was still deadly, but at least it was not that bad...

Today, it seems people need to learn the hard way again... and I'm afraid that will all the mis-information campaigns that happen on social media, it may be even worse.
    It's sad, really.

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, things are looking grim here in Spain.
    Looks like we are closer every day to a complete or partial lockdown.
    Blame lies in the poor organisation, people NOT believe it even now and politicians stepping over scientific and logical medical advices. We are "blessed"with ignorance.
    On a personal level, I've lost my aunt last week to Covid. She was a non believer, she thought that this is a scam... Facebook was her newsfeed.Imagine.
    She was admitted too late at the hospital and next day she was intubated. Got out of the induced coma after a few days, she was terrified of what happened to her. She spoke with family and kin. That's what's matters, the pain of losing her is easied by the fact she got to say goodbye.
    After that day she went in a second coma and later she succumbed to a cardiac respiratory failure.
    So, it is real for those who still do not believe Was real from begining.
    But as always, some will put their stupid ideas before any evidence. And then other pay the price.

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Let's try not to slip on a slippery slope.
    But one thing is for sure.
    Once some rights are revoked, almost never are granted back or fully restored.

8. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I don't get you, in one stance you call people stupid for fighting back against restrictions.
    The next you're talking about rights that you gave up willingly that you may never get back.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Brasky and angelgraves13 like this.
  9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Lol of course they have.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Sigh. A quick look at the news and you get the two sides of the sword, on one hand you have the UK government and it's peoples (yes it's long past the point of just blaming governments for the failures in containing this) total comedy clown handling of this entire disaster which seems is now going to result in England going in to National Lockdown for a month from the 5th of November. With the ludicrous statement of doing this to try and 'save Christmas'. On the other hand you have Taiwan celebrating 202 days without a single locally transmitted infection. The nation was doing it's gay pride and LGBT marches and has it's people behaving as normal.

I have no idea what it is that they did to get a level of control on the situation, it is obvious that the countries that have gotten on top of things have had governments that have made clear cut decisions and delivered them to a people that have decided to listen rather than immediately question how they can get around not following the guidelines and bravo to them, they deserve to celebrate.