Spain declares lockdown on Covid-19

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Mar 14, 2020.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    A bit late, but in the end the lockdown was declared officially. But some people are still in denial and roaming the streets.
    I am staying home and will keep myself busy with house renovations and cleanup. And study for variation.
    Where I live they declared only 14 active cases, but the real number could be higher.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it probabbly best thing to do, I think it need to be done earlier then later which most places are delay that as much as the can cause they dont want there economy to tank.

3. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Well, let's see if our flight tomorrow from Canary Islans will depart...

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, good luck @zipper with the departure and smooth flight.
    However, the extraordinary measures are allowed to police and Guardia Civil at any time.
    People are allowed to go to work, shopping and pharmacy and not in groups.
    And heard that you can be fined if wandering on the streets. What about homeless people?
    They will fine those also?
    Situation is weird and people are submitting to enforced isolation, but already some very strange and weird video started to go viral.
    Subject being the somehow dodgy approach of the government and Health system.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I live in Washington State, near Seattle. My State has 642 confirmed cases and 40 deaths. Sh!t has gotten real. Panic buying has begun in my area.

Whether people take this seriously or not, others around you will be and people may want to make sure they have what they need and soon.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    mohiuddin likes this.
  6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    toyo likes this.
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    We got doctors here going around telling people that it's not a big deal and unless you're already sick, you won't see any affects from coronavirus.... We've had 11 confirmed cases in our entire region of the state....only 1 death so far. With local doctors telling people it's not a big deal and not to worry about it, it's likely to spread....and the death count to rise.

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm against forced quarantines and martial law, but unfortunately it's the only thing that seems to work (read: stop it from spreading), but I still think this is a psyop.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm against martial law......but I have no issue with quarantine mandates if justified....

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Denmark passed a new law forcing people to take the vaccine (if and when one should become available) or run the risk of being fined and/or imprisoned and apparently the first draft would have given the police the right to enter your home without a warrant if they suspect you were sick, but thankfully the latter was dropped - we're truly living in crazy times.

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The end is nigh. Repent and face your maker, sinners!

386SX likes this.
  12. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    jesus paid for your sins so get your moneys worth while you can :D

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If they passed a law like that in the US, the idiot "anti-vaxxers" would file lawsuits to block it within minutes....

That requires some degree of religious belief....so I'm good.

14. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    does Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster count? :D

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nah.... spaghetti eaters like me offend them

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Spaghetti with meatballs is an 'murica thing and meatballs are better fried. :)

17. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    My son and family still intend to visit Seattle next month on vacation. I was horrified, but at least you'll get some tourist dollars.

18. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    [​IMG]

:D

19. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    City looks deserted, only some people walking the dog. Controls to major cross-roads, and people are stopped to be asked where they go, papers are verified and gloves and masks are kinda mandatory.
    Called my pharmacist, to see if Interferon B and Tocilizumab are available -just in the worst case. They somehow are, only problem is Interferon B costs near 1k.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have feeling USA will be locked down soon too we up to 6500. I think I gona have my parents just use Amazon to have grocery deliver, my dad dont want me or my mom going out to get grocery cause we both half health alt health issue, compared to him. and I dont think he should be doing that either.

Should saw my moms face when mom said she has nail appointment next week when we both told her your not going she made face dad made comment about her nails will fall over I said they would and he face droped some more. just one of many thing my mom think is "necessary/needed" if you senior citzen you should be avoiding going out in public. I dont go out much to being with cause i dont like going out in public so this isnt much issue for me, but get grocery is issue seeing i did go once week to get stuff.