SpaceX could write history today, if the Crew Demo-2 launch will commence

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. bjtag

bjtag Member

GPU:
    1080ti to Titan XP
    Godspeed to them and safe journey!!!

3. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Trendy or what I thought that was Daft Punk in the launch capsule.
    Were up all night to get lucky.
    Wishing them all the luck in the world and then some. Go Boys. :)
    BTW who's shirts do you wear.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Exciting stuff!

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    What time again? Did I miss it?

[edit] 4:33 PDT. So less than 2 hours away....

6. Pepehl

Pepehl Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Hope everything goes well. This is one of two big topics of our generation... climate(change) and space colonization.

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I read they won't connect with the space station until 19 hours after take-off. Anyone know why it takes so long? It's a pretty short distance.

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I really hope everything will go perfectly, without a single glitch worth noting.

You need to enjoy the scenery when you take a long trip.

Amaze likes this.
  9. Pepehl

Pepehl Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    They are going to test the spaceship - manual controls and so on. But 19 hours does sound like a long time...

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  10. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Launch scrubbed due to weather. They will attempt a Saturday launch.

11. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    The most efficient way to get in orbit is not straight up but is to do a gravity turn early on from the side earth is already spinning after you reach your highest point you burn side ways to get your self in orbit and make the orbit circular, after you successfully get in orbit you have match the inclination of the target that is also in orbit and slowly speed up to gain ground then you slowly burn the opposite way to reduce your speed or often use thrusters for this job so you end up connecting gentle with body ....thats the most efficient way to do this ....burning straight up is not an option a) needs a lot more fuel ....if you do not add kinetic movement side ways to get in orbit ....what goes up then goes back down :p
    B) the more fuel you add the less efficient the of fuel is ....since to use the fuel you have to carry it so extra weight from the fuel and the storage pieces for it... If you add more engines cause the weight is to big then you add even more weight and higher consumption etc etc ....anyway 19 hours is not really that much it is rather interesting but no human trip to space where ever straight we calculate things down to the gram using even the earth the moons gravity etc to give us extra push and conserve fuel so all you have to do is burn on the most efficient point till you reach escape velocity and another burn to get caught but some others body gravity ; venus moon etc where again you burn to get in orbit etc etc

Redemption80, Herem and Amaze like this.
  12. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I really want to see them succeed it this voyage. All the best on 30 May!!

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    And neither is really happening due to human activity of "our generation".

Climate change is natural, we can't control it, we do not really contribute enough. We'll have to learn to live in given climate as life did many times before.
    (We are as likely to have next short ice age as we are to have increased temperatures.)

As far as Space colonization goes. That may actually lead to mankind completely stop caring about (not climate) but environmental pollution.
    When temperature increases on average by 6°C on entire planet, it means that comfortable zone for life will move closer to poles.
    When temperature decreases on average by 6°C on entire planet, it means that comfortable zone for life will move closer to equator.

When we poison our planet enough, we can expect massive die-off in oceans. Reduced oxygen production maybe by 50~60%. Higher altitudes being uninhabitable for fauna.
    And cycles of war for remaining resources as we destroy them in process of fighting over them.

14. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB

I don't know how to put this delicately. You need to go back to school. Nothing you said is based on facts.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I hope you'll come back when you realize that your statement is wrong. If you do, I may kindly give you more information... (But all I wrote as practically set in stone by science.)
    https://www.nationalgeographic.org/activity/save-the-plankton-breathe-freely/

16. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Science is never set in stone. It is constantly evolving and working towards truth, it shouldn't be political.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, maybe in 50 years, oceans will not be considered as source of around 70% of oxygen. Maybe it will be just 5%. But looking back, it will still agree that around 70% of oxygen has been coming from ocean before we killed it off.

As far as science goes, it is pretty sure that our current temperature is rather cool in comparison to naturally occurring temperatures in last few(dozen/hundreds/...) millions years.

@Size_Mick should be thinking about lovely green Africa which turned largely into desert and emphasize human influence on given events. (Hint: close to 0.)
    Our planet has cycles. And catastrophic events that can change global climate drastically over course of few following years after they happen.

18. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Don't know if this is true but current lifeforms have adapted to these temperatures so chances are not exactly optimal.

19. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Some climate alarmists literally say/tweet they want these people dead:

jbscotchman likes this.
  20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    OK. I'm ready for launch again. 40 minutes....