Southpark, family guy or simpsons

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by death_samurai, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
  2. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    i prefer simpsons and futurama. matty g is the man

3. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    family guy

4. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

Stan has more self awareness, Peter is i dunno like sometimes he doesn't even know where he is. Plus some of the characters in family guy do not get equal screen time.

5. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    Simpsons for me, with Southpark a close second.

6. Aioras

Aioras Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    +1 for the simpsons...

but I have to say that the last 2 seasons are quite boring... I prefer the first for or five seasons.

I didn´t liked family guy at all, and about Southpark once you´ve seen the first seasons, you´ve seen it all.

7. KaiserBrandon

KaiserBrandon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275
    South Park hands down. Like the guy who made the "did he drop any good loot" comment, they can take anything and make it funny. Sure alot of ppl may be offended, but sometimes offensive humor is the funniest. Borat and Bruno are two great movies that are examples of that.

8. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

Lots of people find bruno and borat too low brow and crude.

In any case south park has more low brow humor although it's satrical and more current and involves more celebrities and well known personalities. I still find american dad and family guy more watchable.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    South Park is about more than low brow humour, Family Guy has descended more into the gutter than South Park has, just without getting too explicit.

Borat was just about bearable, but Bruno was the worst movie i've saw in years, very little attempt at trying to be funny, 15mins of material padded out with 60mins of stuff that would only make a kid laugh, but they should never see.
    The babies audition was good though.

10. KaiserBrandon

KaiserBrandon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275
    I agree that Bruno and Borat are both very crude, in your face, and lots of people won't find it that funny. However, because of my sense of humor, I find shock humor hilarious because it's unexpected, unlike pretty much every comedy out there where you know what's gonna happen, but still laugh anyway when it does (sometimes). As for only kids finding it funny, I completely disagree with that statement. most kids wouldn't know what the f***k is going on and probably wouldn't watch it.

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think most kids would be pissin themselves laughin at a swinging talking c**k, or a velcro suit etc, by kids i mean 12-15 years.
    My idea of good shock humor was exposing that some parents will do anything with their babies to be famous or make money, my mouth was hangin out in disbelif at that scene, the rest of it, i was shaking my head in disappointment that Sacha has ran out of ideas.

Anyway, soz people for off topic, im hopin next month can be a return to form for all four main cartoons :)

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  13. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Simpsons is what, 20 years old?
    Its a legend of animation and comedy and one of my all time favorites tv series.
    But in the last season the age catch up with them.

Family Guy is always fun, love Futurama too, and South Park is just to obvious, and sometime pretentious.
    Not a big fan of it.

14. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    My opinion (not in any particular order): Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, South Park... those are awesome cartoons. I find the Simpsons to be very boring, drab, and completely not funny in every way.

But that's just my opinion :p

15. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Anyone who didn't add in Futurama gets banned.

People hating on the simpsons in general are obviously youngin's. The firt say 8 seasons of that show was amazing. Sure it isn't great now, but have some respect for the past.

Of the list presented, South Park is the best based on current episodes. Based on the work as a whole
    Simpsons>South Park>Your mom>Family Guy

16. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Anyone addding in Futurama should get banned :p

Kidding, but Futurama isn't on anymore, so isn't really a choice at the moment, and the recent movies weren't great and i've heard the new series voices... actually, wiki says the original actors are doing the voices, yay :)

Having 8 good seasons and 12 bad to average ones isn't reason enough to recommend Simsons, and i only watched Season20 cause it was HD, and its sad how bad its got.

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It's hard to say since they all vary so much in quality. For instance the last few seasons of South Park have been rubbish, but as a whole I love South Park, I have been watching it since season 1 went on the air. It's the same with American Dad. The first 2 season were great, but it's gone downhill lately. I haven't watched the last two seasons of the Simpsons as that show has really gone down the drain.

I currently hold Family Guy as my favourite though, as it's the most consistent in quality by far. The last season was amazing.

As for Futurama, well, the original series was genious. I loved it. The films they've released lately though are pretty crappy, so I really hope the new series is better than that.

18. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Its so good that it might as well be on.

19. FarCryDX

FarCryDX Member

GPU:
    EVGA Ref GTX 980
    None.. now, Bobbies World or any cartoon from the 90s that makes me nostalgic :D

20. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I watch family guy quite abit at uni as my house mates like it, its funny but can get confusing sometimes as the jokes are very american alot of the time. Used to love simpsons but seems to have lost it magic, old south park was funny but havent seen any recent ones so cant really comment on those.