South Park: The Stick of Truth

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dark_surge, Mar 3, 2014.

1. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    I never been a fan of south park, but the game is just a masterpeace.. seriously its GOTY along with one finger death punch!

2. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    So I finally finished it absolutely hilarious best bit of fun I've had in ages playing this. I really hoping they being out story DLCs or expand the town with some of the missing locations not just random item DLCs in the future. Has anyone came across a bug where characters turn invisible or buildings? Also anyone having issues with the Hobo quest I think its bugged as im missing one and been everywhere I can think of, Maybe one in the woods?

This possible future DLC could be hinted at in the sewer
    Crab people invasion?

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I had this last night, Alt + Tab made me visible again.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I was just searching about that, flickering characters and especially invisible or flickering main character, seems alt tab causes it.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's well worth playing. I've had loads of fun so far. The humour is spot on.

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    About to start a second tour of duty through this game. In a PC gaming industry where bug riddled half baked releases have become the norm it's pleasant to see such a solid well hashed out game on release day.. It's obvious real QA was done with this release. I think there were only a few very minor bugs.. Nothing game breaking or in my case even noticeable. Great game..

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    About to start my second playthrough too. Missed a couple things in areas that I can't get back into now.
    Really enjoyed this game though.

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I didnt get to play that much over the weekend, was busy! About 4-5 hours in but still no Kyle or Stan? I do take ages tho, i check out everything. Loving it so far.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I accidentally choose to Return to the Keep at the end of the battle with the Bard so did I miss anything or can I go back and collect it (I've noticed that loot that I am unable to collect from the various battles remain scattered all around South Park)?

P.S. I love the way Kenny keeps coming back if he dies during battles! :D

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I havent seen him die during battle yet! Guess i need to try one thing tonight then :)

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well Im about 9 hours in now. Love it so far. Story is great and so funny! Got to the Gnomes part now! Dont know how long is left but i think ive done most of the side quests!

Hope they will release some kind of a DLC in the future. Maybe something like "Mysterion DLC"

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I got exactly 15hrs. 15:00:03 and did all side quests, missing 2 "collectable figures" and have only 118 friends from 122. I ran a lot back and forth here and there to really dont miss anything, so its even less than 15hrs. And hardcore ofc, which feels to easy. I have a save at Gnomes and im also at hour 9 there ;)

Yes, you can go back to Jimmy and collect everything, but dont take too long. Later the door is closed.

Yes.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I got 22 hours somehow, I think steam counts the time that your game is minimized now.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Since when does it not count when game is minimized? You still "play the game", as Steam says you're playing it, so it counts ;)

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah sweet! I am making it as long as i can but guess it is what it is! Whats the max level? I think im 11 or 12 right now.

I guess i will be replaying it once again with another class!

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Level15 is max. You will hit it a lot earlier than the ending is.

I thought about a 2nd playthrough, too. But since ive already done almost 100% in the game and its too easy,..i dunno..

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Dunno, I was sure it used to not count it, guess not.

Also the game has an in game time counter on the save screen, but it doesn't seem to make any sense.

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I will do it at some point, but not straight away! Really enjoying it so far!

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I don't know much about South park, but the game has a real solid RPG game behind it, and any game that has me throwing turds as a weapon has already won. lol

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Throwing turds + attaching ginger pubes to your weapon + using a gay man to make an enemy disappear inside his anus = GOTY