Source size in Tray MSI Afterburner 4.6.4

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Supersayano, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Supersayano

Supersayano New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Hello.
    I just updated to version 4.6.4 of MSI Afterburner, and I can see with displeasure that the size of the source of the Tray temperatures numbers is reduced. In the configuration I can not find any option that allows me to change the size to restore its size to the previous one. I had to return to version 4.6.3 because I can barely see those numbers so tiny. The image is a capture of version 4.6.3 that i put to illustrate the problem. In the new version 4.6.4 the numbers are half of small.
    My S.O is Windows 11.
    How can i fix this problem?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance and greetings...

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

And I can see with “displeasure” that nobody ever reads release notes and it is easier to register and complain than to do a research and read instead. There is a config file switch for returning to old non-DPI aware version with blurred/distorted/autoscaled icons version. There is a config switch for manual font size selection.

3. Supersayano

Supersayano New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    I'm sorry, it was not my intention to annoy anyone with my lack of knowledge about the subject. The launch notes are in English and I only speak Spanish. To write these messages I use the Google translator. And reading the launch notes would not help me since I would not understand them.

Please, I could tell me where to find exactly that configuration file you mention?, and what should I modify in that file?
    Again thanks in advance and greetings...

4. Unwinder

If you don't care about icon quality, your eyes can tolerate pixelated/distorted/blurred fonts and you prefer just icon size over anything else, you may return to the previous implementation (16x16 icons stretched by OS) by setting DpiAwareIcons to 0 in MSIAfterburner.cfg. But anything different from 100% or 200% DPI will look absolutely terrible in this case for my preference.
    For enabled DPI aware mode you may also manually select desired tray font independently of selected DPI mode with TrayIconFont (e.g. TrayIconFont = font14x18 to select largest font, full set of available fonts can be found in .\Graphics\Tray).

5. Supersayano

Supersayano New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Thank you. He did not tell me the msiafterburner.cfg route but it could be found in the installation folder of the MSI Afterburner.
    At the end I was configured leaving the dpialandicons with a value of 1. while in the trayiconfont and post font9x11 since if I put font11x13 or font14x18 the numbers if the temperature is two digits do not catch and just one of them, and even The one that comes out incomplete. This is normal?.
    This is how I have been at the moment:

[​IMG]

Greetings...

6. Unwinder

It is normal to think and understand what you do. You cannot fit the largest possible font into smaller fixed size icon used for lower DPI scaling ratios. Physically cannot.

7. Supersayano

Supersayano New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Ok, thank you very much for your answers.
    Greetings...