Soundblaster X 7?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ESlik, Nov 19, 2016.

1. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I can get a deal on this http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x7 $300.00. Worth it? Opinions are really needed on this one. I've spent a pile of money on sound cards, and I want to make absolute sure this X 7 is what it seems to be. Genclaymore? ROBSIX? Goat? Thanks all.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Based on a look, the opamps are generic, head amp is generic. Dac's are quality. IMO, hefty price tag for what you get. If you want a external unit, I would look around a bit more and get something with a bit more under the hood.

Hope that helps.

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Personally the X7 would not be worth it at that price point IMO as it looks like they took an ZXR,an class -D speaker amp and put it inside an shaped box.

For 300 dollars under and on up,you can get more for your money, as there plenty of choices out there.

For 25 more there is the Audio-GD NFB 11.32 not including the shipping, For $199 more there is the Schiit Jotunheim /w the Dac module installed which with it installed turns it into an All in one dac/amp unit. Both of those are good choices.

Also you may be-able to find an used Audio-GD NFB15.32 which some times can be found under 300, if you know where to look. Aune T1se tends to be $249, but the tube might not be your thing. But like I mention there are plenty of options out there. These just are the ones that came to me off the top of my head.

If you planning to do away with the sound card completely,creative's sound blaster acoustic engine lite which is free works with any device, including Dac's and All in one dac amp units, as i have tried my self.

Also they all have their own sound signature too, so you gonna have to take that into the account before you decide on what your gonna do.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  4. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    My thanks to both of you. I always take your input related to audio topics,seriously. I told my friend selling the X 7 of my reservations etc,. after reading the responses, and he dropped the price to $200.00. I,m thinking, for $200.00, what the hell, why not. The unit is brand new, and if I don't like it, I can always gift it to a friend or family member. Xmas is just around the corner. Thanks again guys.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Now you have a platform to try out some new opamps if you want.