SoundBlaster 5.1 live problem

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by EnglishGuy, Jun 21, 2001.

1. EnglishGuy

EnglishGuy Guest

I have a clean install (re format) winMe. The mobo has a built in soundcard, but is disabled in the bios.<br>
    My problem is this.<br>
    When I plug headphones into the soundcard why can I hear audio even though I havnt got the audio connecting lead connecting it to the cd player, just pushed into the pci slot, but when I then replace the headphones with speakers (a sub and 2 tweeters feeding off one jack plug) they dont transmit sound.<br>
    I know the speakers work as they were fine b4 I put the card in.<br>
    Also I can see the audio lights moving in the audio properties of windows.<br>
    Why is it working with headphones and not speakers, and indeed how without the audio lead joining the card and cd player, connecting the lead makes no difference.<br>
    Everything is in the correct socket and the correct latest drivers are installed.<br>
    <br>
    Please help as I am tearing my hair out.<br>
    Thanks

2. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

Don't tear your hair out. I did that and it didn't solve a thing. Try also setting the jumper on the mobo to disable the sound. I had to.

3. WeaZel

WeaZel Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Bugsy:<br>
    <b>Don't tear your hair out. I did that and it didn't solve a thing. Try also setting the jumper on the mobo to disable the sound. I had to.</b><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><br>
    hhmm go into audiohq to your properties where all your sliders are and see if speakers is muted? Are you plugging the speakers into a different input than the headphones?