Sound Forge 8

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by cashizzle, Apr 10, 2005.

1. cashizzle

cashizzle Member

i have downloaded this program "Sound Forge 8" for recording use and i am currently having 1 problem. I am using the program to record sounds for a game i play and this is the one most reccomended to use. I can get the file to work on all other applications eg. a mp3 or movie on my computer but when i attemt to open the game i want to record from, my comp slows down so much to the point i cant even get into it. my computer is not old, p4 2.4 512ddr msi neo2 mobo and 9600xt

is it the fact that im using an the onboard sound card? or is their something i need to change in the program itself

please help me on this one, if u no of another program witch will work well in relpace of this one please post the link on where i can download it.

thank you

2. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    sorry, im not sure exactly what you're trying to do...You want to record sound from a game using sound forge?

3. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    i'm guessing that sound forge is a highly cpu-intensive program...

try goldwave - that's a good recording program

4. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    sound forge is a good program, I use it my self, but from what i gathered from your post you are trying to run sound forge and a game at the same time....if thats the case than obviously it's gonna hurt performance a lot. Also, you would not be able to record from the game using that method anyways, im pretty sure.

if you clarify the info some cashizzle, I might be able to help :)

5. Coolppl

Coolppl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForceFX 5600 VIVO 128MB
    This is the time if your P4 2.4ghz has HT support would help A Lot! :D