Sound Card Troubles

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ssedgman, Jan 31, 2001.

1. ssedgman

ssedgman Guest

People help!<P>I have had major problems with my new Asus A7V VIA KT133 SktA 5PCI AMR AGP UDMA100 ATX and Sound Blaster Live 1024 soundcard. I have gone to the asus site and they say download the latest drivers for the soundcard!, Done that and my pc still crashes when I try to install something. I know its the sound card, cos I remove the card from the PCI slot and then install the drivers it still crashes. People please help me, it is so annoying knowing that if I buuy a new game or borrow one from a mate I have to remove the card to install it and then put it back in. I also can't copy files, from one folder to another. It copes with maybe 3 or 4 but only if they are like a megabyte each, help

2. A friend of mine had exactly the same issue. However .. A driver update really did the trick for him. He actually used the new Live! 5.1 compatible drivers.<P>Also, you might want to install the latest via 4-in-1 drivers again. -&gt; <A HREF="http://www.viatech.com" TARGET=_blank>www.viatech.com</A> <P>------------------<BR>Hilbert Hagedoorn - Chief Editor<BR>- "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

3. ssedgman

ssedgman Guest

where can I get the drivers for the Live! 5.1 sound card?

4. zippe

zippe Guest

You might try going into windows under "safe mode" and opening up the System Properties window, then disable the "SB16 Emulation" device that shows up below the "Creative Miscellaneous Devices" This is only used if you play games in DOS mode...nobody does that anymore..Do they? This solved the problem for my friend using Win 98. Saved us hours of misery installing/un-installing countless driver versions.<P>Good Luck :)

5. He actualyl got the drivers from me. Those where included in the new Platinum 5.1 that I have .. ehm, aren't those drivers on-line yet at Creative then ?<P>------------------<BR>Hilbert Hagedoorn - Chief Editor<BR>- "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

6. ssedgman

ssedgman Guest

thanks everyone!<P>The problem maybe cured!!!!!<P>After nearly reaching the point of chucking the PC out of a window, I managed to disable the SB16 Emulation, and its been running as sweet as a kitten.<P>So major thanks to Zippe, I can happily play games until my hearts content!<P>Cheers<BR>