Sound BlasterX AE-5

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by angelgraves13, Jun 12, 2017.

1. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    The ISLC suggestion used to work on Windows 10 1909 but things are changed on 2004, many users are facing the same problem and there are no known work-arounds for now, waiting for creative to fix it. Thanks for trying to help though.

2. Volc

Volc New Member

GPU:
    2060 super
    Ive had this problem since day 1 (bought this card 2018 nov?) havent found any fix, tried alot of things specially in the beginning when it was sound blaster connect?
    sometimes it goes away for sometime and you can +- volume smoothly, no idea why or how : (
    should i try warranty for this?

When i had 3.4.72.0 but just kept updating all when i could i had driver version 6.0.105.52, 3.4.72.1, latest windows. audio position was f up. so then i used just the installer for sound blaster command

With the 3.4.72.1 installer it says download driver, and it installs driver version 6.0.105.50, says driver/application is up to date. audio position is good.

Is there anyway to modify voice morph presets or add your own?

Edit: Just watched 2 different videos of others and i must say i have like 10-30x more lag than those vids.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  3. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Before Windows 10 2004, e.g. 1909 build, it was an issue related to the Windows timer, where if you launched an application like Steam or Battle.net, the issue would go away.

On Windows 10 2004 the issue never goes away and all we can do is wait for creative to release a fixed driver. It's not something related to your card but it's a driver issue.

If you're on 2004 then you can't fix it, if you're on an earlier build there are work-arounds.

4. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    I've decided to move from an AB amp to a D, being the NAD D3020 V2. Lets see where this goes. It arrives tomorrow to power B&W's 606. :)

5. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    Well the amp turned up. Its astonishingly small about as big as a large paperback book. Its big on connectivity.
    I first tried analogue and was disappointed. My AB amplifier walked all over it in analogue mode. So out with the optic cable and select SPDIF and wow amazing tight accurate sound but with out personality like my AB amp. TBH I'm not missing it. As for the B&W 606 they sound great straight out of the box. Goodness knows what they will sound like when they are run in. Fantastic sound for the money. How best to describe them. They hit the spot.
    I guess analogue would have sounded much better if I was using a turn table. As for digital, which steamer sounded the best and I have quite a few on my Media pc.. As mad as it sounds, Its groove music. It must be using DirectX coated in sugar.
    Next up, think I will get the LG V30, as it has a proper DAC and expansion for 256GB storage. I should get my collection on that but before that I will test the Bluetooth with something else tomorrow. less I forget. :)

6. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Quadro 4000m
    New Sound Blaster Command 3.4.83.0 update is available via software and also new driver 6.0.105.54

OnnA, itpro and eGGroLLiO like this.
  7. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Quadro 4000m
    I don't understand why headphones mode is set to 5.1 channels without possibility to change this via software. I always have to go to sound settings in control panel and set it to stereo (always resets) . Only using Direct Mode sets the headphones mode to stereo as it suppose to be but then of course you can't use effects.
    Really bothering and unprofessional . As mentioned before, to bad Creative chose to allow switching between speakers and headphones only via the software- another stupid decision

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    The main reason why it sets to 5.1 mode when your using Headphones in DSP mode is because of the VR 7.1 Headphone's Output setting mode, the Icon with headphones with 7.1 in the middle, I don't know if they changed the icon, as I don't have my AE-5 on hand. Its set like that due to the VR 7.1 HP is another Virtual surround Headphone function that's separated from SBX3D, but can be used together with SBX to improve the SBX Surround functionally. It's so the channels get down-mixed correctly and so the audio is spread out. It's similar to when people used to set there speaker output's to 5.1 manual on X-FI's when enabling CMSS3D. But most likely they figured people wanting stereo headphone mode would simply switch to direct mode and use that instead, since most people that are using headphones in stereo would most likely not use any DSP at all.

Also the reason why Direct mode disables all of the effect's is because of Direct mode disables the Core3D DSP and switches to the Sabre Dac chip as in ignoring the Core3D chip completely which handles the DSP. When you are in normal mode, the Core3D DSP chip is used instead.

OnnA likes this.
  9. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Quadro 4000m
    Ok this what I thought also but why I can't change it\disable it? maybe it is good for games but if I want to listen music and need a small eq tweak without virtual sound ? bad. I change it manually in sound settings.

10. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    OnnA and chispy like this.

11. RiPe_Go

RiPe_Go New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 XT Saphire
    Hello, I have a question ... the soundblaster AE 5 PLUS has support for Dolby and DTS, but the AE 5 Normal card does not have support for these technologies.
    The SoundBlaster Command program shows support for AE 5 Plus only, but not for AE 5 Normal.
    So is it possible to have a modified program that releases or unlocks Dolby and DTS for the AE 5 Normal card?
    [​IMG]

One idea would be to copy the installed files from the sound blaster command from someone who has AE 5 PLUS and then run the program in AE 5 Normal to see if the "encoder" option appears.

12. Andrew991

Andrew991 New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1060
    Yea it is possible, you must first install the package with the modded Realtek + Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 or Creative 720 drivers and, after uninstall them, install the official Sound Blaster AE-5 drivers.
    Software lock is integrated in these packages :)

Attached Files:

• AE 5.png
      AE 5.png
      File size:
      143.2 KB
      Views:
    RiPe_Go likes this.
  13. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    Mind sharing? links etc?

14. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    I saw on the reddit sub they linked to a new beta driver (3.4.84.0) which I am using and it seems to have no effect on fixing the sound/volume slider in windows 10

15. Andrew991

Andrew991 New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1060

16. Andrew991

Andrew991 New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1060
    maikai likes this.
  17. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    I'm getting audio channel swapping with AE-7 and RTX 3080. How have they still not fixed PCIe4 compatibility.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it shouldn't run pcie 4 in the first place, its a gen 2 card at best.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Have you considered moving to external USB audio devices? It'll solve a load of issues.

20. Tom1

Tom1 New Member

GPU:
    HD7850/R9 280
    Link for 3.4.84. Please.