Sound BlasterX AE-5

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by angelgraves13, Jun 12, 2017.

1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +130/+430
    no, you have to tape up the light on the sb-z or remove it.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Yeah, I did some searching and those appear to be the only solutions. The LEDs appear to be hardwired to a power circuit. I guess if I decide to reinstall the card, I'll just snip the LEDs off the board.

3. Chess

Chess Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    I did indeed look over it. I do recognise them, c'mon man...
    I was looking for a digital Coax/toslink connection like on the Essence I have
    I made a mistake in my post and OBVIOUSLY the rest of the post has been rendered null? That the way you look at the rest of the world?

So... kindly re-read my post now, now I've rectified my error?

goat1, thanks for, like above, taking one element of my post, making me look ridiculous and nullifying the rest of the post.
    LED's are not a big deal. Non functional, only there for sales.
    I have an opinion on LEDS, am I allowed, yeah?
    Have something constructive to say, will ye?

4. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    This is what you said..
    LED's are not a big deal. Non functional, only there for sales.

LED's rock, if you don't like them, for everyone's sake, don't comment on it.

5. brothergc

brothergc Member

GPU:
    1060 6gb
  6. BlazeInterior

BlazeInterior Member

GPU:
    24GB
    i wanna know it is a free or pay product?:banana:

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    It doesnt have a 122dB SNR.
    So that bit cant be free or bought with this.

Aside from that, you need to buy it.

ps the DAC chip they buy for the card has a dynamic range of 122dB, not the same thing.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    So what is the actual rating of the card?

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    They havent released it yet, we wont know until reviews come in.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I think I'll just stay with my xfi titanium hd for now, but good to see them evolving.

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +130/+430
    Suppose to go on sale at the end of the month, soon after we should see some reviews.

12. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 /AMD v7
    Crap with paste...
    I saw on oc.net that some1 have this card already guys

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +130/+430
    Wheres the link, so I can see why this person came to this conclusion with the card and if he had any problems, so I know what to except if any at all. if it was due to the sound, people are gonna have different results then him/her just from having an different set of headphones or speakers, or connecting it to an external headphone amp and so forth, besides having an different taste for sound.

I still planning on grabbing one my self at the end of the month when it goes on sale, as long nothing get in the way. If you know me by now,You know I will evidently put up an review explaining my results with the card.

What did he not like about the card, the lights which can be turned off in software, or did he simply not like the sound signature of the card, because like I mention, people will have different taste for sound, which means what one person hates, another person my love.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
  15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +130/+430
    I need to stop ninja editing, when he do post his impressions with it, I hope he also mention the setup that he used with it, to give some people an idea what they may get with that speaker or pair of headphone.

16. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    It's all in the manual which is available at creative.com

[​IMG]

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Thats the SNR of the "headphone amp" section.

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +130/+430
    I notice in an AE-3 being mentioned in the drivers, when I looked thru them. I wouldn't put it past them to release some time this year. I betting an AE-7 will show up also.

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    can this beat ZXR ?! using headphones though

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +130/+430
    For those who are wondering the RGB can be turned off by ether turning it off in the software or by not plugging in the molex power to the card, which powers the RGB only and not the card.

Card wouldn't be for some one who loves swapping op-amps, as the card doesn't have any dip-8 sockets, unless that said person is willing to do it manually. The card does use LME4562 on all of it channels including the headphone out. I betting the AE-7 or whatever it maybe might, unless the AE-3 does, which currently no info for other then the driver listing.

I don't recall what an sound blaster ZXR sound like with the stock op-amps, as it been many months since I last had one. I do recall that the ZXR hp amp wasn't an good match for my R70x as it was off and did not perform right,something I would never forget as It was before I had the Jot.

But I have not had time to try out the AE-5 headphone amp with my R70X, as I still getting used to the card first, taking it thru it paces. Now I have been using my ATH-AVC400 with the card directly and the results for me been good so far. Including using it as an source with my Jotunheim.

Evidently I will get around to seeing how it's headphone amp handles my ATH-R70X, just not right away. But that will be later on when I do it.

I didn't have any hardware issues, and the software issues was really only minor, such as the headphone gain settings not saving. Other then that, minor issue nothing else.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Jackalito likes this.