Sound BlasterX AE-5

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by angelgraves13, Jun 12, 2017.

1. tokamar

tokamar Member

GPU:
    na
    updated bios , change the sound card pcie slot, cleared the cmos, still does it. Darn it anyway.. Well think thats about it,nothing else I can do. Thanks for the info guys.

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Next stage is to contact Creative support, you may have a faulty card.
    Let them decide.

3. tokamar

tokamar Member

GPU:
    na
    Wow, Woke up this morning and started the computer and started to make coffee and what did I hear. My computer startup sound, I thought what the %$#@. So it's working again for some reason. Have know idea, maybe the IRQ got it right on the startup. I'm a happy camper anyway.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Probably windows update installed a driver silently...

Dragondale13 likes this.
  6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Or this...win10 infamous ninja update.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Creative now lists the BXAE5_PCDRV_L13_3_2_24_0.exe driver on their site.

It does look like whining about something helps. So happy that they made it so that speaker configuration doesn't reset to 5.1 when using headphones.

This is the same as the Windows Update driver. Newer Sound Blaster Connect 2 app though.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  8. tokamar

tokamar Member

GPU:
    na
    i have windows update off. I checked and it's the same driver I installed last night. But nothing happened after I cleared the Cmos and took the sound and video card out and put the sound card back in a different pcie slot I rebooted the computer and it did not play any sound so I gave up by then.. So I thought I would just reinstall the newest driver at the time that I had on anyway and then watched tv for awhile and shut down and called it a night.. So it must have been reinstalling the driver after I did all IRQ changes with different pcie slots I guess.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    It being an IRQ issue is as much a guess as anything else, we have almost nothing to work with.
    Its mildly plausible, nothing should be discounted.

ie
    If it works better in other pci-e slots it might be a problem with that slot.

10. tokamar

tokamar Member

GPU:
    na
    yes I never thought of that. A new computer as well.

11. noidin

noidin Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4G
    after upgrading windows to 1803, the microphone stopped working in all programs, but in the windows test it works.
    Has anyone had the same problem?

12. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    Its something to do with app access in privacy for the mic. You need to enable it.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  13. noidin

noidin Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4G
    Dont work =/
    I need back to 1709 windows...

Someone install windows 1803, and works fine ?

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  14. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    Just picked up my 2nd AE-5 pure edition, the first ones rgb light on the card itself was non functional. Now the rgb light works on the replacement card and the led strips work but absolutely nothing I do will change the colors or patterns of the leds on the card itself or the led strips. They are all on but on like a default light blue/white color. I had this issue previous to 1803 and now on a 100% clean install on 1803 I am still experiencing the issue. I can't seem to find a single thread or topic of anyone else experiencing this issue. So yea Win 10x64 1803 and also on the previous fall creators update. Card is detected and installs just fine and the sound works, but it's as if nothing I do with the software works correctly. For instance I Can change the different preset EQ modes and it does nothing regardless of which speaker mode I have selected aka headphone 7.1, stereo etc. I am using the latest driver BXAE5_PCDRV_L13_3_2_24_0.exe. Any ideas?

15. noidin

noidin Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4G
    Here too, some times sound blaster connect dont work, mic dont work and i need back to win 10x64 1709...

maikai likes this.

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    Have you connected the molex power to the card?

17. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    yea, I don't think the led strips would even light up if the molex power wasn't connected

18. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    I had the same issue with 1709 though :(

19. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    I'm seriously out of ideas here. I now looked and realized that the led lights on the card itself are no longer on, but the lighting strips are still on with a random color on here and there while the rest are still the blue/white hue. I suppose I could try it in another pc, but they are also running windows 10x64 and now also on 1803. I completely uninstalled the drivers and installed the original release driver and that didn't change a thing, so I am now back on the latest driver. Its crazy that i cant seem to find not one single post from someone experiencing the same lighting issue as me.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    It may be faulty.
    Contact Creative, its better than pulling your hair out :)