Sound BlasterX AE-5

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by angelgraves13, Jun 12, 2017.

1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +200/+430
    Are they stereo, or 5.1 based music? If there stereo use one of the Direct modes, that way you won't have to recode any thing.

If they are 5.1, Foobar should have an plugin that will allow you to down-sample to 96khz.

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    In non direct mode the max is 96 kHz, even in stereo. He should either use direct mode or resampler dsp in Foobar2000 (or not use wasapi output at all and let windows handle the resampling).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    bigcid1 likes this.
  3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +200/+430
    Yea I aware, that's why I mentioned to use one of the direct modes. So he wouldn't have the limit of 96khz in normal mode. I think I recalled one of the re-samplers being Sox, it been an while since I used foobar.

bigcid1 likes this.
  4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Yep, it should be there by default.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Few days ago Windows Update updated the driver to version 6.0.105.17 (28.3.2018) and it looks like the speaker setup doesn't no longer switch to 5.1 after restart when using the headphone out (dsp mode).

6. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
  7. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC
    Is there an easy way to switch between Headphones and Stereo? Why can't I enable them together?

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    What do you mean "easy way"? I'd say that the speaker config setting is pretty much as easy as it can get.

9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Windows update drivers are superb trash, always losing BASS REDIRECTION setting usage I need to enable and re-enable after changing speaker settings. LOL Creative still idiotic bugs after 10 years.

10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    delete, wrong post.

insp1re2600 likes this.

11. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    who uses windows update drivers anyway by default? iv had zero issue with latest creative drivers.

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +200/+430
    Same, I wouldn't expect windows update drivers to work that well any way.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    To me this driver has one clear improvement - I no longer have to set speaker config to 2.0 after every restart when using headphones.

By the way, what's the newest driver from Creative? I had 6.0.105.15 before Windows Update offered 6.0.105.17 and I'm pretty sure that I had the latest driver available (unless they ninja updated it).

14. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti SC
    I switch between my headphones and 2.1 speakers very frequently and I find it tiring to keep opening the soundblaster application --> go to settings -> choose setup. I thought there is an easy way like a shortcut or a hotkey.

Also I don't get why I can't enable both at the same time? Previously on mobo realtek I was able to turn them on together.. I've also had the ability to re-assign a jack, for example in realtek I could re-assign a specific jack to be line-in.

Appreciate any tips :)

15. tokamar

tokamar Member

GPU:
    na
    Just got Alienware Area 51 R5 computer [Dell]. Have realtek built in but I disabled it in the motherboard. Installed a SoundBlaterX AE 5 and it works really good unstill I trun off the computer for more than 15 minutes . When I then restart the computer there's know soundblasterx ae 5 driver and there's know sound. everything is there in device manager but the driver. Under hidden driver view I see the soundblaster driver there. When this happens I have the SB Recon3D PCIe there in the botton right hand tray on the desktop in stead of the Soundblasterx ae 5 under Speakers. In device manager the SB Recon3D PCIe says it's not connected.. I have reinstalled the soundcard but still the same problem after I shut down the computer for more then 15 mimutes. Never had a problem like this in all the years of running a computer and it's problems. Oh...I'm using windows 10 64bit. It's strange how the soundcard works great though. I have uninstalled all the sound drives from device manager and folders installed new drivers and it always works good unstill I shut down longer then 15 minutes.. The Realtek works ok with know problems but I want my soundblasterX AE 5 instead, I like the sound of it. If anybody can help me that would be great.. Thank you.

16. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    wheres the recon3d come into this? do you have one of those in the system too? did you install the right driver package?

17. tokamar

tokamar Member

GPU:
    na
    Yes The newest driver BXAE5_PCDRV_L13_3_2_21_0 for windows 10 64. If I restart the computer a sccond time then the driver comes back and the sound card works great again. Strange. So to get the sound card to work I have't to start the computer two times. hope i'm not being a bug but this is driving me nuts for a month now.

18. tokamar

tokamar Member

GPU:
    na
    I uninstalled everthing in sound in the device manager and let windows reinstall it all on restart and recon3d is gone but I still have't to start the computer up twice to get the darn soundblasterx ae5 driver to stay in the device manager. then all works really good. For me I have never seen this anywhere before.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    try a different pcie slot?

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Yeah it could be an IRQ conflict, a different slot might help.
    Its worth making sure your system bios is up to date as it could be a problem thats already fixed.