1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound BlasterX AE-5

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by angelgraves13, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Your post makes no sense. Are you sure you are a native speaker? I have no idea what those random words mean.
    Also, if you don't have the card in question, why are you even posting here?

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Its pretty obvious English is not his first language, having an attitude doesnt help.
    I'll translate.

translation:

There is more than one way to think about this.
    I am very happy with my realtek HD onboard.
    An AE-5 costs $500 where I live which makes it a tougher purchase.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    HK-1 and AsiJu like this.
  3. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    I'm not sure what player you are using, but Foobar2000 has this excellent plugin called foo_channel_mixer that will allow you to customize your stereo upmixing to 5.1, including optional LFE redirecting if needed. I've grabbed the latest version and repackaged it into .zip so you can use the FB2K Install Component option:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArwXzixQ74JbgbMgB9XzsybplKRYog

Here is another DSP that works similar to Dolby ProLogic II, but I haven't tried it.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,52235.0.html

When I use my 5.1 system, I've always preferred foo_channel_mixer to CMSS.

Zagmak likes this.
  4. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    Hi thanks for your help I'm Brazilian and also self taught I learn English alone sorry for some confusion

5. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    ok sorry I don't know you are Proprietary of this thread ;) because in first page the OP is another

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  6. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    English is not my native language either and I am 80% self-taught.
    Thanks for the translation though. I seriously didn't get it.

7. Zagmak

Zagmak New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9800GT Green
    Yep, I also notice/hear the difference in sound between ALC850(AC'97 Codec) --> Audigy ES --> Audigy 2 ZS --> X-Fi Titanium thru the years with my outdated, but working Creative Inspire P5800. Next step - AE-5. Next-next step - better speakers + Amplifier, when there's enough budget.

I use both Winamp & foobar2000, but prefer fb2k lately. It's flexible, configurable, have great plugins and not abandoned like Winamp since 2013'.
    [​IMG]

Thank you very much, guys!(AsiJu, Chastity). Your answers are very useful and informative to both me and those who read the forum! I'll buy AE-5 soon, here in Bulgaria, the price of the AE-5 is ~ 180$. Thanks to all the community also.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    No problem! You'll like the AE-5 I'm sure.

Like said I had SBZ and X-Fi so came from decent sound cards but still was wholly impressed by AE-5.
    Everything sounds better, more defined (yet warm), clearer.

Zagmak likes this.
  9. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    I use the optical out too, but running to the optical in on an AV receiver, what you need to do is open the connect 2 software, goto setup - mixer and enable "Play stereo mix to digital output" then in Windows, click on the speaker icon, and select (Speakers) SoundBlasterX AE-5, NOT SPDIF OUTPUT ive actually disabled this option in windows control panel to save it defaulting to it.

10. perche24

perche24 Member

GPU:
    kfa2 1060 gtx
    I have 15 years with my x-fi extreme music and I need to change it because my new motherboard does not support pci, it is recommended this sound blaster to listen to music and play with headphones?, I have some taskstar pro 80.

Zagmak and chispy like this.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti @ H2O
    Yes indeed , this sound card SoundBlasterX AE-5 it is highly recommended and it will ensure many many years of support by Creative been the latest soundcard on their portfolio. I'm coming from a X-Fi Titanium HD and it is a big step up and difference in sound quality , much better and i'm very happy with my AE-5 :) , go for it you won't regret it.

Kind Regards: Chispy

Zagmak likes this.
  12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    It looks like Creative just released new drivers: BXAE5_PCDRV_L13_3_2_16_0.exe

No new features, just bug and performance fixes.

13. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Thanks so much for posting this.

Zagmak likes this.
  14. perche24

perche24 Member

GPU:
    kfa2 1060 gtx
    I have a problem with the card, when I install it in a pciex1 port, windows detects the card as a creative recon 3d, and it is impossible for me to detect the card as a soundblaster x ae5, but if I connect it in the second port pcie16x detects me without problems, some idea of what happens to it, I have tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall it again but without results.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+

16. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    What do Fast Roll off, Slow roll off, and Minimum phase settings do? I can't hear any difference. What kind of filters are these? I disable everything as a rule, and this appears not to have such option.

Zagmak likes this.
  17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,92825.0.html

Zagmak likes this.
  18. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't even know what all that means. It's written in klingon for all I know.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Keep it at fast roll off.

Zagmak likes this.
  20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Just got one of these cards, and man, the headphone amp on this thing is sick! I can't believe how much clearer and crisper the sound is compared to my ZX that I had before :eek:

If you game with headphones on, I highly recommend this sound card!