Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z506

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Abilio_KID, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two different furnaces
    -yes
    -no
    -you can adjust the volume of the individual spakers in the windows control panel, it will apply @system level. Otherwise, if your sound blaster has the speaker calibration utility, you can use it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. Tessiia92

Tessiia92 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked
    Why no to full range? Do you have the same speakers? I do and after having looked into it for a while you can set full range on these speakers as they sort out the crossover themselves. I have had them on full range for months and they sound amazing. I think it's better to send full range to the sub electronics and let the speakers divide it out themselves, as they have a better idea of which speaker can handle what compared to the software.

The sound blaster software has it's own volume control for individual speakers as already pointed out.

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two different furnaces
    Logitech Z506 are not full range speakers.

4. Tessiia92

Tessiia92 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked
    No, but like I quoted from elsewhere:
    "Actually they aren't full range. According to Logitech they fall off at 45Hz, I'm willing to bet it's more like in the low 50's though.
    If you're talking about the settings on your computer then yes, you set them to full range. The electronics in the sub will include a crossover that will separate the lows from the mids and highs and send the low end to the sub."

So though they are not full range, you set them as full range.

5. starlance

starlance New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050
    I came here trying to find out why my new Soundblaster z wasnt working with my also new Logitec Z506. I had the same issue with crossover and sound muffling etc and i eventually found out the wires from the SB card to the Logictec were in wrong holes. No idea why they didnt put the correct colour indicators on the SB card or manual but the should be Green = Front L/R, Black = Rear L/R and Orange = Centre/Sub. After swapping them the sound works as intended :) I know you probably already worked that out but if anyone like me couldnt figure whats wrong at least google will take them here :)