1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Blaster Z and 1809 upgrade

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Morpheous416, Oct 4, 2018.

1. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    My X-Fi titanium works fine too, the best of the creative cards in my opinion, had a Z but had issues, went back to the titanium and all good.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 GTX 980 OC
    It is not the best. The new AE-5 has a Sabre DAC which is miles away from anything that creative has produced in the past.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Blackfyre likes this.
  3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    Eh, well, I guess you can say that it works but between weird driver installation and 1809 resetting sound output to stereo all the time it's not "fine".

4. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 XC
    After reading this thread....I checked mine. Still on 5.1 and drivers are still Creative's last. Only issue I found was that it reset all my speaker settings and defaulted to no EQ. However, I did save a profile and reactivated it and all the settings came back immediately.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    in the future, this is usually resolved by cleaning off the downgrade files since it mucks up file linkage.

6. AnimeDan

AnimeDan New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 6970 / 2GB
    i have the AE-5 and it seems to have broke that as well i got that update a week ago not having read about it cause it just installed the update by it self, i tried uninstalling both voicemeeter and the drivers for creative and installing just the drivers i still get the issue

thoue i also get the issue where soundblast connect 2 dosent detect my card but that is usually fixed by restarting the windows audio endpoint builder service

warlord likes this.
  7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X GAMING
    Thank God I was ready to break my card with a hammer and put the stripe leds of pure edition to my Christmas tree.

I have the same problem and I use Realtek audio and gpu hdmi for my needs until is fixed. Either Microsoft broke something or creative should update drivers. Please report to both Microsoft and creative that problem I will do the same tomorrow morning.

8. Dr_McNinja

Dr_McNinja New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Just got auto updated to 1809 and now the mic/line-in port for my Sound Blaster Z doesn't work anymore.

Omni Surround 5.1 (USB sound card) still works though

9. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 4G Gaming @1500
    i have same problem with asus new orrange card if i use optical out i can use only stereo since then i use analog...
    my old recon 3d fatality was finewith spdif