SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Fatal1ty question

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by VashTheStampede, Aug 5, 2006.

1. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede The Humanoid Typhoon

GPU:
    GeForce 7800 GT PCI-E water cooled
  2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You can buy a X-Fi Xtreme music version they are basically the same thing and alot cheaper. You may want that model though. Any thoughts to speakers?

3. DarkMessenger03

DarkMessenger03 Member Guru

GPU:
    Saphire VaporX HD 5870 1G
    BF2 will sound much better on a X-Fi, and many other games too. One of the differences between that X-Fi Fatality and the X-Fi Xtreme Music are that the Fatality has X-Ram and the Xtreme Music doesn't. X-Ram is a dedicated memory for the X-Fi series and only the Fatality and the Elite Pro X-Fis have it. Not many games use it yet but that may change in the future as games begin to use HD Audio. HTH

4. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    OK I have to get in on this one. My brother in law bought the xtreme music and had a hellaciouse time with static and popping in bf2(with 2 yes 2 cards, not just one)He finally took the music back and bit the bullet and got the Fatal1ty(Im a bad influence) No issues with bf2 since. I love my Fatal1ty. BF2 is a completely different game audio wise, as well as other games. Spend the money and get the Fatal1ty, you wont be disapointed.

5. rpg711

rpg711 Guest

many games alredy use dolby digital so u can use dolby instead... but u should use a xplosion or something like that if u want to connect to a reciver and get 2.1+ channels... creative ones only will cough up 2.1 channels for optical... i no... gay

6. rpg711

rpg711 Guest

well... a gamer did help design it

7. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

Yeah I noticed that on my old audigy cards. VERY GAY. They change up the bit rate jsut a tad I believe.

8. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede The Humanoid Typhoon

GPU:
    GeForce 7800 GT PCI-E water cooled
    thanks guys, i went ahead and bought it. i cant wait. i love new egg. onl 200 but i got a warranty cause u nevvvver noooo

9. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

Good deal man:)