Sony unveils new DualSense controller for PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    There is a constant argument brought up about ergonomics and thumb positions, and most of it is bunk.

I don't need room on the PS4 controller. If you have extremely large hands you might need more room. But this has nothing to do with anything really. Outliers are not what a controller is designed for. The dualshock has ample room for anybody with normal non-giant hands.

The d-pad thing is pure fanboy nonsense. They had the chance to switch and did not because the majority on PS, the biggest fanbase by miles, simply don't want it. It feels awkward as hell for a lot of people not to have symmetry on two stick games.

The idea is the ergonomic argument is BS. The DS4 thumbs sit perfectly fine in the movement of thumbs relative to the height of the stick.

I'm not saying the Xbox pad is not comfy, but that there is no real reason to have offset sticks. It presents absolutely nothing of value to the majority of players, and in fact it does actually cause irritation when someone feels more comfortable with symmetric inputs that need the same inputs a lot of the time.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    I mean the PS4 did outsell the XBox One, and while exclusives help no one would buy the console if the controller was bad...I actually like the PS4 controller a lot. Small but it's very comfortable in the hands.