Sony Removes Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 18, 2020.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Not only the glitches but the game is a bit suggestive in some areas. Those in-game adds are a bit much imho. I mean...I think we can understand the setting of the game without that being thrown in there.

2. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    That is the setting though. It's not supposed to be subtle.

tfam26 and Dragam1337 like this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    A bit prudish, are we? It's an adult game. If nudity and sex is too much for you, then you should probably steer clear of games rated 18+.

tfam26 likes this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    some people like to get game that arnt ment for kids for the kids then like to complain about it

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The Microsoft store has a performance warning notice for the Xbox One now.

JAMVA likes this.
  6. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    Thats a big thing if Sony doesnt want to sell your game it must be pretty bad

7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  8. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    DannyD likes this.
  9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Uhhhh....no not prudish. There is some content to this game that just isn't needed to get the point across. Those ads in the city are a bit much and aren't needed, and still be a game "not for kids". I've played enough games "not for kids" to know this.

No...I'm not a kid, it's just over the top disgusting at some points. There is no reason for some of the content in this game to get a point across as the creator said he was trying to do.

Played Witcher 3...loved it....RE series.....Deus Ex...plenty of games that you would not consider "for kids".

I'm allowed to have my opinion. It's gross at some points. Could do without the ads and...well the glitches. I'd play it non-stop without the over the top content.

Save a lady from a bathtub...no problem...sadly that has happened in reality in investigations.

It's not that stuff that I find over the top in a game.

Right, I get that...that is why I said what I did. Could do without the over the top gross ads. I get the other content. The creator said that the original story was a bit of a warning as to what could happen if people do get their acts together over time. But as I said I and many others that play games "not for kids" feel that some things are overboard, and not needed to make the point. Those ads in the city areas mainly...well some of them.

Hey look, to each their own right? I didn't post this as a flame..but we are entitled to post how we feel about things.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You sound like a prude...

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Alright. Well if you really did read my whole post instead of parts of it...you'd see it was not posted as a flame. I could say the same about your name calling.

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    @GhostXL PC version there is a setting to censor out such things do not know is that same setting exists for consoles. Would imagine it does. It is a bit over the top but that is the setting. Have not touched that setting since wanted to see how they envisioned it. Will play with it later to see just what it censors out or inserts.

13. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hey, thank you for a real reply! This I did not notice or could find. I will take another look, thank you for the heads up!

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Honestly I'm not gonna lie, I realize the game is an adult game but it kind of seems like it's way too over the top with the ads in game. Like it's the future, why is it all about making your penis bigger??

15. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    No they just didn't want too deal with all refunds or lawsuit

16. TheSissyOfFremont

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Because that's the aesthetic they went with... I don't understand why people find this so confounding?

It's as banal as asking why Deus-Ex didn't go with schlongs everywhere... because they didn't. The same for Blade Runner - why did they make it all Noir-ish.... erm.....

You're asking why they need to be so grossly over the top, in order to aesthetically imply that the world is grossly over the top.

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Because boobs and penises are the only way to show the world is grossly over the top. /s

While I'm not saying this isn't true, it's still just way too far over the top. I understand they are selling the idea that sex drives the world, but that's mainly all they focus on. I mean it's a world of legit cybernetic enhancements, and the main thing they use to showcase it is penis basically.

18. TheSissyOfFremont

GPU:
    3090 FE
    The visuals are not just aesthetic - they are the actuality of the world - this isn't a novel... they have to actually show you their vision, not just allude to it.

You're saying "the world I imagined isn't as over the top as this" - but the designers of the game are saying "this is literally what we imagined".

Fair enough if you don't like it - but can't you see that's just a matter of taste? I mean, it's no more objective a criticism than someone saying they don't like the yellow colour they used for the promo material.

19. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  20. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I know right? I mean really? It's like everyone wants STD's on Tinder instead of putting effort into a real relationship. But hey....you know It's like that but 100x worse.

I feel for the parents who knew nothing about this. Even as an adult, it is a bit much, could get the point w/o that much.

Right? I mean that sums it up. Why over sexualize it. I get the naked lady you save from the bathtub that...sadly happens in reality. It does feel like the game just centers on that. There feels like a huge missed opportunity for a real focus on a gritty world like that instead of over sexualized ads.

It could be understood though without going quite that far with the ads. I think the rest speaks for it's self. To each their own but I think its a legit response. The in-game sensor does not sensor these ads by the way sadly. I think that if they had an option to sensor the ads more would re-consider. Some folk even more so than me by far, would be sensitive to those ads...and are.

Again to each their own but I think an option would be fine. This is not a flame by the way. I'm speaking and approaching this as to the idea of it being nice to have an option to change or disable those ads. Maybe a mod if not an official option.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020