Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    My only dislike with Second Son is the lack of powers. Yea... there are a few more than were in previous Infamous games... but what's the point if they can just about all be unlocked and maxed out by the time you make it off the first little island?

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3050 RTX
    Going to buy one on Saturday. Might as well get one now while I have the money for it.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3050 RTX

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yeh got both ps3 and xbox 360 there. Got a backlog of too many games for those actually should really start gaming now that I moved to a bigger apartment.

6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Welcome to the console side. Consider yourself inferior to everyone for liking a console. lol.

I was quite impressed with Ryse on xbox one, I played through it multiple times. The gameplay was a hack ' slash but it looked great.

Then Infamous came a long and now that's my new graphical charm. I cant even go back to Ryse haha.

Anyways, I think Sony learned from the PS3 and hit on all fronts with the PS4. Cheaper, stellar indie support, tons of PROVEN exclusive franchies....Someone above said they bought the xbox one because they want more than a gaming machine, well, I own both and I can't think of one thing other than the gimmicky option of playing your tv through the x1 that PS4 doesn't have or do. They both have movie markets, sitcoms, day and date digital releases, web access, PC streaming, etc.

Honestly they both do the same things outside of gaming, which is why it comes down to the games as to which to buy. Can't really go wrong with either, I am a little worried about dev support as x1 moves ahead but both will be around for years.

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Just got this for my PS4

[​IMG]

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You have a link to that???

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    How do you like them I hate my AX720's.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Do not be worried about the dev support tbh. Wii had multiplats coming for it even tho no one bought em ;) But really the power difference isn't that huge that you should worry.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    The ear cups are nice and deep so they don't press against my outer ear which makes them great when wearing them for long periods. All my other HP's always press against it a little and makes it ache after a couple of hours.

The sound is terrific, I'm using the included optical cable. There is supposed to be some app for it on PSN that allows adjustments outside of the amps built in but not sure how to find it but haven't really tried either.
    I haven't used the mic, don't play much MP.

To nitpick I'd say I would have preferred they used Pleather for the ear cups, they use something that's kinda like foam. I wish the amplifier's controls were direct facing rather than angled upward and the giant oversized volume knob seems stupid to me but it sits on a shelf next to me and I would much prefer the controls facing directly forward.
    Elbow angled plugs would have nice for a more streamlined look.

Overall everything about them feels quality except maybe the use of plastic instead of metal. They are certainly the most comfortable HP's I've ever had and I've used quite a few, not just headsets but HP's from Ultrasone's 780's to Triton Ax's, beats, UE's, Creative Tactics, Bose and Razor's.

Heres the specs

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3050 RTX
    Bought a PS4. I opted for the Infamous pack. I have nothing but good things to say about my whole experience so far. Everything loads so quickly compared to the PS3. being able to download and install while playing a game is great.

13. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200

To be fair, PS3 is running some old crap. I am thinking about picking up one myself... main reason being so that I can play with other people in the same room.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Saw tesco had it back in stock, tempted but still no.

It costs the equivalent of £100 more here compared to US.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3050 RTX

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Anyone know if the PS4 has mp3 support yet? I remember reading about Sony was going to add it, but I haven't heard anything since.

EDIT:

Nevermind. Just checked the PS forum and it's not available yet.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Must be more going on as to why there is such lack of support for it cause adding mp3 support shouldn't take 1 guy like 5 minutes to do.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's likely a decision made by Sony Music.

19. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    And no USB support for HD.....why

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ive been informed that Sony are removing the copyright protection for video capture, soon. On my phone so will try an find a link to post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.