Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    UMA and HSA are the real deal along with tailor made API.
    PCs can have 32gb of RAM they won't perform better in compute, you're forgetting that informations have to be passed from one bus to another and that's costly along with the fact that the PCIE latency bottleneck is going to be a big problem.
    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/154924-secrets-of-the-ps4-heavily-modified-radeon-supercharged-apu-design/4

I'm not arguing the PS4 will outclass high-end PCs in raw performance. The crux of my argument is that the PS4 in spite of its specs will punch way above its weight, I'm positive you won't believe it when you see it.

Doubters should read this thread :
    http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=63043

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Do the side grills have any kind for of dust protection, seeing as they will be drawing in air, i can't imagine the amount of dust that will slowly accumulate insde that thing over time if it's using this method without some type of dust cover on the intake vents.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    The console makers should have known such, people have been placing them on carpets and tight shelves since the Magnavox Odysee.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Uuh.... but we PC gamers also know that a big fan in a cramped space can quite often lead to a fan choking for air if there's nothing to provide that air.

Ok... that was my oversight. But it still doesn't look like the best cooling solution. It essentially has a single (and fairly small) vent to pull air in from. There's a vent on the opposite side, but it looks to be mostly blocked by the full-size BluRay drive. Also take into account not only the bit of heat generated by the hard drive (which i've heard the X-Bone is ALSO experiencing HDD failure), but the absolute lack of memory cooling aside from air flowing over it from what the CPU heatsink fan is pulling. I get the feeling something is bound to give way at some point, sooner more than later.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Uncharted, what a game man. loved em all and can't wait to replay them all again in prep for the 4th.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Uncharted 4........ I thing I need a new pair of briefs.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm split on if I want Uncharted 4 or not, while I would prefer the devs moved onto something else, I'm also really curious how an Uncharted game would look on a PS4.

Naughty Dog are my favourite developers though, and the single reason I owned a PS3, probably be the reason I buy a PS4.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    LOL on dutch playstation facebook (since we are not getting the xbox one until march 2014)

[​IMG]

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Sony can thank naughty dog for my money, single reason I bought a ps4.

13. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    I just hope the next Uncharted runs at 60FPS I used to hate that 30FPS crap in the end I had to stop playing it.

There is just no excuse for anything less that 1080p/60FPS in 2014, and any excuse is nothing short of a cop out.

Or at least give us the choice, let there actually be an option 1080p/30FPS or 720p/60FPS.

I would be angry we had to make such a ridiculous sacrifice in 2014-2015+ but rather that than FORCED to play 30FPS for a minor bump in gfx.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    30FPS is fine in 3rd person A&A games 60FPS is needed for racing and 1st person shooters.

15. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire

Jesus Christ... :bang:

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Prove me wrong other than "I can see the difference".

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I like your idea of having an option between 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps. Considering dev's have it so easy making a game for a single environment on a console there's really no reason they couldn't put such an option into a game other than laziness on their part.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Most people just don't give a damn about 60fps if it means worse graphics.

I would rather have both, but if I have to pick then graphic quality easily takes priority over framerate.

Having a choice would be nice, but it's extra work optimising it and just not worth the effort for the small amount of people who would want that option.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    So I just tried out my old AX720 headset with the PS4 and it works flawlessly. It's not the highest quality headset but it's not bad either just glad I don't have to use that Nokia hands free kit they give you with the system.

20. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Id have to agree you can notice a hhuge difference between 30/60fps and it is lockeed at that so is steady, a steady frame rate is more important than the number itself.

1 day to go :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.