Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    At least they didn't say that they have a system for offline use called PS3 :D

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
  4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Sounds to me they are both running at 1080 60fps

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Maybe, I just read that as the MP is also 1080p like the SP, but, 60fps on top that.

Just seems strange as a month or so ago they said the were prioritising eye candy and aiming for 30fps for the campaign.

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I read the same. 30fps for single player and 60fps for online. Perhaps the reports were wrong, after all they were not confirmed by Sony to be true. 60fps/1080p for both would be impressive for a launch title.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    He only mentions the campaign is 1080p then goes on to say the multiplayer is 1080p60. I very much doubt the single player will be 60 fps as it is story-focused, offering spectacle over pure gameplay, so 30 fps would be fine. The multiplayer, being competitive, would need 60 fps so they will have scaled back the visuals and effects to compensate in my opinion. If the campaign is 60 fps then I will be impressed but Assassin's Creed IV on the PS4 is only 1080p30.

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It could mean either, it was just the wording reminded me of the ambiguous style of what we do at my work.

Great video, love these high bit-rate ones as it's the nearest you can get to actually seeing the game on your on screen.
    The game looks fantastic for a launch title, and that is the MP part.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Call of Duty: Ghosts apparently has obvious framerate issues running at 1080p60 compared with the current-gen versions (PS3 and 360) according to a number of reviews. I guess that's not all that surprising but it's still a little disappointing to hear that such an old, dated engine cannot maintain a steady 60 fps at 1080p on next-gen hardware.

11. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I think you mean old and out dated look, cause older and more outdated the engine is, it should perform worse in comparison to new and state of art ones when working on same computations.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    ^True, it's likely the reason for the performance issues is because it's such an old engine, likely using brute force for the "next gen" features.

If it was built from scratch, rather than new features on top of a very old engine, likely would be a lot better.

Hearing the same thing about the PC version needing more hardware than the visuals deserve.

13. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
  14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    That site is somewhat behind the times, everybody and their granny already knows a ps plus is required for online play on the ps4.

But amusing they pick on this bit of old info when there are so many other more sensational stories roaming the net at present about the upcoming next next gen consoles. lol

But you never know, those guys in that submarine might not have heard about it yet. lol

15. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    I'm not sure my Granny knows, but ill ask her. LoL. But I agree, found it amusing myself.

16. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
  17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am sure your not giving your granny enough credit, the Ghost frame rate has even been reported by the BBC, i mean bugger wars, famine, economic collapse, no the latest COD game has frame rate issues, more at ten. lol

To me the BBC telling my about a computer game is like your granny advising you on the best heat paste for your new I- core seven. lol

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I hate the fact that the US gets the PS4 next Friday. Next Friday; it's one week to the release of the first next-gen system (sorry, Wii U owners but your console doesn't count!), whereas we here in the UK have to wait an extra week for the Xbox One then yet another week for the PS4 to be finally released. So annoying really. :(

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Amazon.co.uk have posted my first PS4 game, Call of Duty: Ghosts, today... over three weeks before the console even comes out. Assassin's Creed IV apparently gets released on 22nd, a week before the console comes out here in the UK as well so I'll have two games before I get the console. :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.