Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    There seems to be a bug in the 2.0 firmware , you are not the only one with this problem. sony is working on a fix ive read.
    in the meantime:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2kqska/i_think_i_found_a_20_sleep_mode_fix_supply_power/

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    I have turned my PS4 on to low power mode numous times since the 2.0 update. The console turns back on perfectly each time. I did read somewhere that it is relates specifically to the standard hard drives, not to custom ones. Whether that is true or not I don't really know.

3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try both of them tonight and see if it helps. Lunch at work has been pretty boring these last few days. lol.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Why such a useless post? :eek: Oh and that 10% reserved was for kinect. I think everyone already knows ps4 is more powerful :D Ok noticed why you posted that but yeah. So ps4 in real terms is somewhere 30-45% more powerful when things are done correctly. Does not mean it should be the one to buy if the other console has games one wants :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014

5. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Sad to come back and see the console wars are still full swing. Really grow up guys. Its about the games and what you want to play. Stop with the BS.

6. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3070Ti
    Well this is the ps4 thread... Lol

Need a game gents... Thinking between lords of the fallen and that lotr game. Anyone play both yet?

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Lords of the Fallen is a bit of a mess on PS4...wonky sub-30 fps framerate, screen tearing galore and plenty of bugs, even crashes, in my experience. Best to buy it on PC. Get Shadows of Mordor...it's great on PS4 imo.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have nightmares of ps3 games that do the same and where not even in 1 year and ps4 has games doing the same.

I blame lazy programmer nad those crappy low power mobile apu it uses

I will get my ps4 in few month when price drops its current price range its not worth it

9. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Maha Guru

GPU:
    Don't need one
    my ps4 did same thing after update few mins later black screen then it turned its self off when I turned it back on it had a message with the words along the lines off make sure I I turn the ps4 off correctly fookn cheek !! it done it to its self :/

seems to be fine since though

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so who here misses when consoles where just consoles and you just poped the game in and it played. I misses those days

11. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Yea. I miss those days. No firmware updates, no patches. The line between pc and console gaming is blurred.

I miss consoles that had games worth playing too. I bought both systems on launch and its been all garbage with exception to the brilliant infamous:ss and madden.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Saddly i expect this all to happen, just like i expected 1080p 60fps to be issue still.

Atlest back then it didnt matter cause the game where great not so much these
    days, it all about what the console can do that isnt gaming and adding bloat to the system.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Consoles are kind of like weaker pc's now in every sense, ok the consoles do way less things. That is about it. Without console exclusives they would be worthless.

14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    And that's my issue with PC these days. At least my favorite genre, fps - there are no exclusives on PC anymore. Not big blockbuster games like Crysis, or Fear, or HL2, etc.

Consoles lucrative to me because of the exclusives. Uncharted is my favorite series of last-gen.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    For me pc gets all multiplats and few exclusives here and there. that is why I choose console purely on exclusives it has to offer me and will get all of them at one point cause then all of them have something. :) That is also why I did buy Wii U first.

16. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    id return your ps4 then mine does not do that at all neither does my brothers do that we both get smooth gameplay and no tearing in that game your ps4 is ether defected or something is not right...

17. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Interesting. Darren's opinion has deterred me from getting it on ps4. I don't know that there's something wrong with his system. Maybe it's had a patch since his review?

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I really dont understand why there is screen tearing. if there is something i hate its that.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.