Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.
With the PS4 YouTube app you can now stream directly from your phone to the PS4. Impressive.
is that so? nice!
You could before with the browser pointed at YouTube.Tv.... At least I have been doing that.
Any word on how to get Google play music to work on the ps4?
Also,i noticed a few days ago that shadow warrior has been in the ps4 store for 35 bucks! It's like it snuck up on us.
Installed the update and 3 minutes later my ps4 crashed and shut off. Been fine since - weird.
So, not trying to get flamed, I have neither a PS4 or an Xbox One yet but I've been following both and I have to say that the Xbox One is looking better everyday.
Faster updates, more functionality, and better exclusives so far. 180p difference between multi-platform games on the two is insignificant from all the Digital Foundry analysis I've seen so far.
Am I very wrong?
No one is wrong, you just gotta get the system that fits your preference.
Humbly, I would say Microsoft quite simply is NOT a manufacturer, whereas Sony is and this alone is reason enough to avoid the xboner.
The PS4 is better designed and constructed; and yes, it is more powerful.
Microsoft is just tagging along with a product they can hock other stuff with.
1) No argument there, but I haven't made up my mind.
2) That makes no sense at all, there's not an argument there.
3) I agree on design and construction, it's very pretty. It's not that much more powerful. On launch yes, definitely, but the gap quickly closed and is now insignificant, the latest multi-platform games show that.
4) That makes no sense. Having a PS4 with pretty much just the basic and so far mediocre average scoring exclusives, is better than an Xbox One with a lot of functionality and more already on the way, with higher average scoring exclusives? With both having the same multi-platform games?
I can appreciate ps4 for what it is a good console. But so far I have bought X1 and Wii U on the basis that nothing interests me on ps4 atm. Tho there is bloodborne coming sadly one game not enough to sway me to any direction.
I like the look of X1 more and it does not overheat which is 10000x better thing then 360 was. It sure isn't as powerful as PS4 but well that is how console generations always go.
Most of the big releases so far have been released on both, if not all known consoles, so you won't see all that much of a difference. Infamous is a good example of what the PS4 is capable of, but you are going to have to wait till GTA V or 2015 to start to see the differences.
I feel a lot of the PS4 exclusives have been somewhat underscored by most gaming sites. I'm pretty much ignoring reviews for the most part these days and just going by the general views of people on forums to decide if it's worth my time.
Plus Xbox One exclusives seem to be making there way to the pc quite frequently so if there is something I want to check out I'll probably get it on that.
PS4 only have 3 first party titles atm dont they. Havnt been following.
Driveclub is very underrated I think. Sure the online aspect was a mess for a couple of weeks, but so was GTA V for at least a month.
hmm rumours are now remakes are coming of the uncharted games , a collection like halo maybe ?
There is a screenshot they upload of uncharted in the ps4 2.0 update video
Yeah I read about this when I was searching for any updates with Uncharted 4.
Is there a wiki yet the state which models use what NM fabrication yet?
I read here and there that the initial NM used has since been shrunk a few times. reducing heat and power usages.
After all the ps3 and (so far) ps4 firmware updates, I never had an issue. This 2.0 update...not so lucky. I cant put my system to sleep or it wont turn back on. I have to unplug it for 20 seconds. My menus freeze randomly when searching through the psn store as well. Both known issues with the update. At least, as long as I dont put it to sleep, I can play games.
Why do I put it in sleep mode? I have a vita, and for me, the vita is utterly useless with one exception, being able to play my ps4 at work when I'm on lunch. Also when the girlfriend is watching a show and I'm at her house, it still works great on a WAN.
But...with this sleep mode issue...:bang:
Played the thing last night that game is arcadey as it comes. Has quite a few online issues but else seemed pretty ok racer. The 30fps thing is noticeable but not game breaking in any sense or form. It is kind of PGR lite.
It gets better once you unlock the professional and hyper classes. The sense of speed with the hyper cars is increadible at times.
SerotoNiN. Have you tried booting in to safe mode then rebuilding the database?
1) It's all about the games, so go play the games at your local games centre and see for yourself.
2) Wasn't really an argument than a frame of mind. Microsoft do not make anything. Period. Sony do, with decades of experience in manufacturing electronics. What have Microsoft ever made themselves that wasn't stuff bashed together from the parts bin? They have got a total 'PC' attitude to consoles, using a big stupid fugly black box to dominate the living room. Sony put a decent fan in theirs which is whisper quiet - Microsoft just slammed the biggest fan they order from the company which builds their consoles and said 'screw it'.
I just do not trust the build quality or design principles from a company that doesn't know how to make stuff.
3) It's waaaaay more powerful, dewd. Whether games companies choose to use it or not is another matter. DX12 will not change anything: it's a smokescreen.
4) If scores determine you choices and opinions, you've already lost. I don't need another scoring system debate. I play games which have pretty low scores, but I'm interested in the genre; just as I've played games everyone said were badass only to find myself bored stupid. I'm going back 2 decades with this viewpoint.
As I said, go play the games on both and just buy whichever one you think is right for you - and take your time about it. Don't make a snap judgement on the spot, talk to the guys in the store, play the games and figure out what it is you really want for yourself - because coming here is not going to help you.
The really negative thing about both consoles in the fact they both got H264 encoding in them instead of H265. I can kinda forgive them for this because the standard isn't a standard yet, so just timing I suppose.
Xbox One GPU:
1.18TFLOPS (available for games) from 12 CU. (X1 has 1.32TFLOPS but 10 percent GPU reserved for system)
48 Texture Units
2 ACE with 8 queues each = 16 queues total
Playstation 4 GPU:
1.84TFLOPS from a total of*18 Compute Units +56%
1152 shaders 50%
72 Texture Units + 50%
32 ROPS + 100%
8 ACE with 8 queues each = 64 queues total +400%