Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah the hole of my system was void of dust including the fan even, when I re did the thermal pasted, fan just as loud as day I got it 8+ years ago.

I started up my ps3 other day with the intention of finish nioh2 story line, with minute i was like why does it feel like gamemode is off on my tv, I then look at my tv setting and gamemode was on , so I turned off and saw no difference turn it on again same thing, The day prior I started up castlevania requiem and played some of SotN and though the controls where lil delayed didnt think much of cause it ps1 game, but Nioh 2 felt the same.

I went to play a few game on my PC with controller (even though it it wired) and everything played fine so gamemode on the tv was working fine. I went back to my ps4 and disconnected the controller from bluetooth and reconnected and shut the system down and left, I gona trying again and see if it fixed, any ever deal with the controller suddenly feeling like it has delays in commands, Which only time I ever been aware of delay between controller and what happens on TV was when gamemode on tv was off.

any one ever have something similar happen to the controller? I definitly feel somthing is wrong and see it when moving the camera around in game.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Not entire sure what fixed it but yesterday I Rebooted my tv while I reset controller to ds4 with lil pin whole, since then it been working correct, Only thing out normal I do is charge ds4 with with a usb charge by my bed with with ds4 usb cable that I been doing for few years now, gona see it all is right after it done charging if input lag is back i gona assume there issue is charger or the cable? hope it not ds4 internal issue cause by charging.

3. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Finally decided to repaste the pro. Now to see if it makes a difference in noise.

20200810_152948.jpg

anxious_f0x likes this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @Alex13

I would be most intrested if that made diffrence for you in noise of the fan.

I repasted my CH-1116a few months back there was no dust in system it shockenly devoid of dust for something that 6+ years old ( get more dust in my pc after year and my pc case has dust filters), when I got the cpu/gpu/soc what ever you want to call there was paste on, repasted it and closed back up. it didnt make any difference in fan noise. it might run lil cooler but i cant really tell. I still convinced the OLDER ps4 fan speed was dictated by load vs temp and at some point it switched to temp. this ignoring the fact sony has 2 diffrent manufactur making fans the of the system one which louder the the other.

5. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I've only done ~1hour in Ghost of Tsushima and I could tell the fan was spinning lower. No short ramp-ups like it used to with Ghost, so more consistent without any so far of the typical big jet engine moments (tho they weren't really a big issue with this game specifically as it's more situational here unlike say GoW). That said, only a short session so hard to say with 100% certainty. Kinda wish i'd done it earlier for LastofUs2 tbh.