Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^I am hoping that since we are now at the stage were console are basically now getting incrimental upgrades from previous hardware that Sony at least has the whole cooling and coil whine in hand, as i would hate to think that would would dare release it with similar fan and coil whine issues of the Pro, i mean that would just be taking the wee wee out of us consumers. lol

SerotoNiN likes this.
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i only owned 1 system on launch that was the ps2 and that still works to this day with no issue, granted later versions were quieter. Which i still have too,

every other system i got was a year after the fact and then some. None the less sony need to fix the fan and coil whine issue, i really want the ps5, but it will go right back for refund if it has coil whine issue too, and i will stick with my pc till its fixed.

my pc atm is more powerfull then pro and has zero whine and is quiet as ps3 slim.

coil whine is not something i can deal with and i mean that in most literal sense. It plays havoc with my tinnitus

SerotoNiN likes this.
  3. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    brand new consoles are kinda pointless anyway, you don't have a good selection of games that use them.
    It shouldn't be hard to wait a year for the 2021 Bfriday or xmas deals anyway.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh ps5 will play the ps4 game I have that i want to play on pro, but didnt cause it coil whine. hope full no such issue on ps5 and they run better on ps5 then on pro

5. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Got me a new screen, LG 27GL850 seems to work with the ps4 pro just fine.

PS4 sees it as a 4k signal device and the LG downscales it, haven't tested it in any games as the only game i have currently installed that has 4k output is GT sport and it apparently has a 1.50 patch that is a "mere" 50gb download..

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    9dek pkng n445

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.1+

I don't have a PS4 and never plan to buy one, but I've been starving for another MLB game for years. I'm seriously thinking of calling in a favor from one of my friends and perhaps borrow his PS4 for a week or two (one of which I know is collecting dust at this point) and just buy the game and yes, I'm dead tired of sport games being hardware locked (drm) and not be playable on PC.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm what you mean sports game arnt playable on pc? I thought they all get pc releases

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    We don't get Fight Night or UFC :(

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    oh, Last UFC game I got was 2009

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    wrong thread....

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  13. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB.
    Erm …. Why is it the wrong thread? It's still PS4.

14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    haha...no it was another post meant for the ps5 thread...then I delete it :D

Scorch666 likes this.
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was bored and feeling risky.. So I found video for CUH-1116A took it a part got as far as taking the optical drive out, I could not get other side of the top plastic to come off though, as such I put all back together cause I didnt want to break the plastic piece, I found little no no dust inside unlike this video, I had no dust in the power supply no dust under bottom plastic plate, and a very light coating on dust on the fan. my ps4 "might" little quiter FF7R dont seem kick the fan in to it normal RPM as fast I think but certianlly isnt any louder. Fan barrings are fine too unlike that video. I gona assume thermal paste needs to be redone, but seeing as I couldnt get the right side of top plastic piece to come off, put it back together to make sure I could put together again I will try at later date. I need to do little more research on how to remove right side of plastic plate on top, cause either that real pain inthe ass to get to come off or I missing something cause the 2 corners didnt want to come off. Alot of the video I see show massive amounts dust in these systems, so either I clean freak compared to them or they never dust there system once, or live a dust bowl

When I took a part my fat ps3 when it died, it had little no dust in either. There is actual more dust on my PC CPU HSF then there was on ps4 fan and heat sink and the case has fan filter on the case. and is clean more offten, the ps4 is as old as the GTA/LOU bundle

picture of fan
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5jGjCZjqD_3pjxjtN241H_a64b50LXW/view?usp=sharing
    anyknow if which one that is nidec or delta?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ok Fixed Optical drive was lose cable. System really isnt any quieter then before. I used Credit card spread method on the cpu/gpu before sitting everything down. maybe I should use pea method and it spread it self?

I thinking I got one those loud fans

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Cleaned my day one ps4 for the first time last month via taking the top and back off after watching a tutorial on YouTube and it made a really big difference to the loudness some games make, I usually vacuum the vents every month or so but actually looking at the fan after dissembling it was thick with dust.

20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yep, cleaned and replaced the thermal paste on my 2014 model last month and it is so much quieter now. Add to that the SSD and having no disk in the drive and I prefer the PS4 as my music listening device when using speakers, compared to my PC full of fans and HDDs.