Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I moved to console gaming recently, don't own a gaming pc anymore.
    This hobby was getting out of hand, selling and buying new pc parts almost every few months.

I picked the ps4 pro as my only console, I had a one x too but send it back.
    I hate switching which is why I never owned both pc and console.

Ps4 has been out for so long, can't believe the f2p selection is so small. :(

I can't wait for the ps5, I think it is going to be a huge success for console gaming.
    Also the reason I switched btw, I have high hopes for the new consoles. :)

SerotoNiN likes this.
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I'm with you. I'm not upgrading my PC again. I'll play what I can while it's still modern, but once it starts to age, I don't care anymore. PS5/Xbox Scarlett will be my gaming from now on. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X have impressed me so much, what they can do with exclusives...actually blow PC graphics out of the water to a degree. I understand the power of PC, but it's so disabled by 3rd party games and lazy porting.

signex, XP-200 and serbicu like this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    SerotoNiN, signex and serbicu like this.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yeap, turn on and play, love it, and being a console gamer is way more easy today when you have PC video cards alone costing more than a whole console with a 4k UHD inside it, hell my GTX1080 was £480, my XBX £380, mad times indeed as they are just outpricing the casual PC gamer.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019 at 1:02 PM
    SerotoNiN and signex like this.
  6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Exactly! I miss the old days where you just use a gaming system just to play without hassles.

30fps didn't bother me, some games actually make that look smooth. The Order 1886 for example, it almost looked like it was running way above 30fps.
    And the graphics wow they impressed me so much.
    I'm so happy I got to play it, I hope it gets a sequel.

I do miss my pc exclusive mmo's like WoW, but a cheap second hand gaming laptop should be enough.

XP-200, SerotoNiN and serbicu like this.
  7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Just reading the PC thread regarding RDR2 proves to me once again that PC gaming is nothing more than an after-thought by companies, to milk a game for more money after it's fizzled out on console. I've felt this way for years but was in a habit of keeping my PC up to date regardless. Now I'm married, I have a mortgage and a few other hobbies and yeah..priorities have snapped me out of simply upgrading out of habit to upgrade rather than out of enjoyment.

There is no justification for a $1,200 dollar gpu (2080 Ti) WITHOUT ray tracing, being unable to run a console port @ 60/4K. And like I said in that thread, all of this just shows how much care and effort and how damn powerful the Xbox One X is, that this game ran in the high resolutions it did with the detail is has.

This is why I'll take slightly less IQ on a console than PC. I'm not 17 anymore. I don't have the time, nor the interest in sitting at my computer for 2 hours tweaking something, searching for patches and fixes, drivers, reading user experiences on how to get something running and never actually playing or enjoying it. When I load up my xbox/ps4, I don't have fraps to make me focus on the frames, I don't care. The game works, it doesn't crash, it doesn't need settings to be tampered with, it just works. PC at some point became too convoluted. Like..PC gaming right now reminds me of old linux users. They would brag they were on linux but it would take them 8 minutes to get an mp3 to play. But it was linux! At some point, you don't need to show off your smarts or abilities, just enjoy the technology. And for me, I've lost that enjoyment on PC. Tweaking is fun and fine for some stuff and once in a while, but once it becomes a necessity for every damn game, from every company, then launcher issues, and so on..it's too much.

drandiiski, signex and XP-200 like this.