1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^I don't this HDR works on any version of the game Ps4 or xbox, RS were somewhat dishonest when they sold this game as HDR when in fact all versions seem to be nothing more than SDR faux versions, and even their CB4K was just horrible on the pro, and even moreso when you see what GOW set the bar level at with these two feature son the pro, then you get what RS threw out the door as CB4K and HDR, was just a joke.....but i hear the standard version of the game in 1080 was fine.

My Pro is nice and quite at 1080p, it ramps up a bit when in VR with say Skyrim VR, but nothing to the level of GOW or Knack, yeap Knack, that simply little game, stick it to 4k and listen to your Pro scream. lol

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini

Try this, sign into your PSN account on your PC, the click on your PSN avatar and pick account settings, then pick other settings, it will then take you to a page which will show you all your devices, click deactivate all, and ok it, all systems will then be deactivated and removed meaning your account and games will no longer work on those deactivated systems, i had 3 PS3 and a PS4 on mine.....then on your actual PS4 go to your account and activate your PS4, and all done.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    All good i got access to the ps4 and just removed the my user account form the system.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Good stuff, glad you got it sorted.

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    They patched HDR in RDR2 on PS4 and Xbox One recently so it’s actually not so bad now.

Still praying for a PC release, couldn’t finish it on console, fps was pretty bad in places.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^^Nice to hear, if i do pick it up again then i will just grab it for the XBX next time as i like to enjoy my gaming while not having the hoover switched on in the room with me, been playing skyrim VR on the PSVR of late and because of the humidity the pro even in vr now is whining its face off, really is starting to annoy me as i can hear it even with the PSVR earbuds in. lol

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Question about supersampling mode. Should I keep it off for better performance?

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    If you’re on a 1080p screen then you can leave it off and gain performance in some games, but there’s quite a few that will still do supersampling with it on or off.

Worth trying though.

signex likes this.
  9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    new state of play coming on the 24th
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/19/state-of-play-airs-live-tuesday-at-1pm-pacific/

main game will be the last of us 2

Hi all! Excited to share first details on PlayStation’s next State of Play, which will air Tuesday,

September 24
    at 1:00pm Pacific Time / 4:00pm Eastern TIme 9pm BST / 10pm CEST.

We’re preparing a pretty hefty show, weighing in at around 20 minutes and sporting a fresh new look. And we’ll have some great news to share with you, including new game reveals, new content from PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios, and a host of other updates. Should be fun!
    Oh, and it probably bears mentioning: Don’t expect any updates related to our next-gen plans in this episode.
    You can watch live on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook, as usual. Can’t wait to see what you think!
    And definitely keep that feedback coming – we read everything!

dark_surge, signex and serbicu like this.
  10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Yes the games I play seem to downsample anyway. :(

Shame they don't give us an option to switch to PS4 base graphics.
    Codmw beta on 32v32 mode is a bit choppy.

anxious_f0x likes this.

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Agreed, it would be nice to have some control over visual settings to gain performance on consoles.

Next gen can’t come soon enough, current consoles really do seem to be struggling in newer titles now, although there are a few very well optimised games out there that look great.

12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Well I just got out of a 2 year long engagement of which I was unhappy as well as my family with the whole situation. Never had my own space, never really did the things I wanted to do and missed out on things.

So, what did I do? I ordered myself a PS4 PRO, red dead 2 and God of war. Have a 50inch 4k HDR Sony TV. Have been absolutely dying to place these 2 games, but never had the privacy and space to do so.

Gentleman, let the gaming begin! A new chapter for me! Feel great! whooppppppppeyyyyyyyyy

13. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    God of War is amazing. And I'm the most cynical gamer on this forum!

Sorry about the breakup. I'm married now, but was engaged twice before I got married to the third. Felt like you in the first two. Keep your chin up, enjoy some good gaming and be happy you're in control of your own choices/life.

anxious_f0x and TaskMaster like this.
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Holy crap , the last of us 2 looked amazing!

SerotoNiN and anxious_f0x like this.
  15. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Next month The last of us remastered is free on ps +

signex and TaskMaster like this.

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Nice!

17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Well nice to play it again for the 5th time until TLOU2 :D

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I rarely replay my games, but I'll try to replay tlou remastered. I think I finished it a few days after release as I couldn't stop lol.

Shame I never had that with any of their uncharted games, never finished them not even got far.

19. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    It’s weird how that happens, I loved the Uncharted games but could never get into The Last of Us on PS3 or PS4. :(