1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I didnt get one to try, Did they even go on sale?

3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    This is interesting, because of sony 's personalised videos , someone was able to calculate the player base of ps4 games. Smart thinking!

This is the website (including the videos) http://gamstat.com/

I wonder if this is correct though, some games do have weird numbers. id expect red dead redemption 2 or dark souls 3 to score better tbh

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    announcement of an announcement for persona 5 R

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I kept thinking of picking up P5 but I never did cause I was unsure, my idea of RPG/jRPG is completely diffrent from what is been released for the last 2 gens, they all seem to slow being realtime hack slashy games, which is in no way RPG game to me.

I did recently start playing DA:I which still not fan of the way they moved away from the combat from origins. but still enjoy able, unlike FFXV

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I loved persona 5, it's the game I enjoyed the most this year. I hope it comes to PC. Dunno what this new release is about though. It's a very long game, I don't have much interest in playing it again so soon.

8. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Persona games are kinda their own thing. There's nothing quite like them out there. Which is good because i kinda hate regular JRPGs - dey be pretty bad.

Try it out I'd say. But having the enhanced version coming out soon... er wait maybe? Then again P5 is pretty cheap and still a very long game.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh P5R is a remaster or somthing?

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I am hoping that P5R is a DLC addon that you would purchase for $20-30 bucks rather than a separate entity that you would purchase for $60.
    From my understanding P5R is like Persona 4 Golden which was a re-release of Persona 4 with additional content and features. Also more like an enhanced version than a remaster or a remake.
    Im surprised that an enhanced version of Persona 5 is coming this soon. There was a 4 year gap between Persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden (2008 for Persona 4 and 2012 for Golden)

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I hope they flesh out the characters you met towards the end like Haru. More Hifumi would be nice too :p

12. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Not sure about the details but hifumi apparently was originally written as a member of the gang (and also meant to be "queen" i think) but had to be cut due to time restraints.
    Also the holiday section I would expect to see more fleshed out as it too was underdeveloped.

More like enhanced edition with - based on the 2 past ehnanced releases for P3 and P4 - added social links (aka characters to interact with in a quest like manner in the Lifesim section + dungeon section) and possibly some extra story moments. Be it new or just enhancing some that werent as developed as they were originally intended.

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not only that that Joker was supposed to live in the same Apartment complex as Sae and Makoto and I think Sae was supposed to be his guardian but that was changed as well. You are correct that hifumi was supposed to be a team member but was cut.

14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yeah, it's possible. Main differences really would be romancing Ryuji or Yusuke instead of the girls. I'd hope not Mona in that case because that would be super awkward but we have a Kawakami romance so ... :p The biggest case against a female joker would be redoing parts of the anime sequences unless they're willing to spend the money. I'd still stick with male joker because Ann and Makoto :p

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah It would be very similar to the Female protag in Persona 3 Portable. Also it wouldn't be cannon to any Persona 5 material. Yeah the anime scenes would have to be redone which would be a minus. Also they would have to bring in another VA to voice the female joker which would add more to the cost. Yeah I am with you about Mona that a romance would be very odd indeed. It would like Sonic 06 with Sonic and the Princess. Also they would have to alter alot of the lines to gear towards a female joker.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Oh and the whole volleyball team stuff in the beginning ... wouldn't fem Joker be Shiho's teammate instead of Ryuji and Mishima? It would change the whole dynamics and story telling of the beginning.

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah she could be a new Confidant for female Joker outside of the party members. Good point. I forgot about her.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Here comes the next scheduled announcement of an announcement

20. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Can't say i've much interest if its just a female protag. New story content P4G style is the only thing that would convince me into buying this