1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    please don't buy nier on pc, it's a gamble for if it will or will not crash randomly for you, you may be lucky enough to have the game crash all the time before the first save 40 mins in and you can refund it or unlucky enough for the game to crash all the time 5 hours into a 40 hour game

live with 30fps, get a good game that doesnt crash

persona 5 is amazing, just get the standard edition, also be prepared to read a lot. Quite a lot of the game is not voiced

lucidus likes this.
  2. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    It's 60 1080p on pro actually, but it has severe framerate issues - experienced first hand watching a friend play about 3-4 months ago. Anyway, it came on sale on steam today and it's actually a little cheaper so I picked it up. From a quick search the crash on my current card was specifically fixed by nvidia drivers a while ago now, so it should be fine.

Now I just need the ~1 dozen games I bought on PS4 to finish downloading so I can start downloading nier on steam too. ;o

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I'm going to probably repurchase Uncharted 4 and the Nathan Drake Collection as digital downloads for convince purposes of not needing the bloody disc. I own Nier Automata on both PC and PS4 so maybe if I have issues on the PC version I can fall back on the PS4 version. Heck I all ready repurchased P5 as a digital copy when Sony had a PSN sale way back in November for $30 bucks.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    So i just got a PS4 pro for GOW, cracking game, but there are a few other ps4 only games i want, Horion Zero, Wipeout Omega, Uncharted 4, Second Son and GT Sport, but i won't be getting a PS plus because what little online gaming i do, i do it on the XBX, so from anybody who plays GT Sport does it require PS plus or does it have a normal GT single player offline campaign as all the other GT games before it, i don't want to get this until i know either way, cheers. ;)

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I have played GT sport for hours and never played online race

6. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    [​IMG]

So where do I start... :/

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    Impressive!

My library is almost the same except it's only Bloodborne and God of War :D (so far...)

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    Anyone know if you can and how to shuffle playlists with PS4 YouTube app?

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yeah i did that last gen on the ps3, so lessen learned, this time round on the ps4 physical copies only, no digital, that way when Sony move on to the PS5 i won't be left with a massive library of digital games i can't take with me, and at least with physical when i move up i can get something back via trade in route. ;)

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
    Has anyone used PS Now? Kind of curious about it.

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) SLi
    I've used it, it's not too bad, does have some noticeable compression artifacts in darker games and a bit of latency in the controls but overall it was playable, just make sure your PS4 has a wired connection, artifacts were noticeably worse using wireless.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
  13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Ha, my copy of Drakes collection dropped through the door this morning, Wipeout omega on the way.

metagamer likes this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    You need a better door…

:p

XP-200 likes this.
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Playing Persona 5 and I'm totally hooked :D I like it a lot, finally something to enjoy on my ps4 :p

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm PS4 is now EOL cycle wonder if they gona discontinue production of the PS4 in favor of the "Pro", wonder were else they gona cut "cost" in the Pro to reduce it price, it already apparent the PSU was first place they cut costs, cause the psu has nasty coilwhine in all Pro games and in some games it is just down right terrible the whine.

which why the Pro I had I returned.

As for Digital library, I kinda regret getting 6+ games via PSN instead of the Physical disc. As for DLC all that stuff is locked to digital content reguardless

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I hope ps5 is fully bc with the 4's library or else I have no interest in such a machine. A PS4 pro++ from my pov.

18. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Dunno why so many of you hate digital. Coming from being pretty much PC only the past almost 20 years having to place a disc to play (god of war) felt like such a stupid anachronistic thing to do, like what if the damn disc gets scratched etc. Blast from the past for me and not in a good way.

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 750Ti 2G
    Best thing about it is that you can sell your game, or exchange with a friend/colleague. That alone adds some value to the physical copy. Other than that it is a waste of plastic and space.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Fifa 18 is currently €20 , it includes the free World Cup 2018 Russia update.