Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeah the pro was a bit if a shocker for me noise wise, it's like a hairdryer on full while playing GOW, and i have it sitting on a glass table top with full airflow and nothing near it.

Plus yeah on the ps4 retail physical games only, no digital, if Sony are just ditching the previous gen when they move then i don't see why i should not do so either, lesson learned by going completely digital on the ps3 last gen.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I thinking of trying my luck with pro again this time getting from the gamestop,, during the upcoming sale, thing is i think i just gona be let down yet again, but the coil whine that was just down right horrible in pro games some games it was so bad it was louder the fan, and that fan isnt exactly quiet, in big room you probably wont hear it though but but i hear it just fine in a 10x10 room 8 feet away, over the fan and tv, in games like MGS TPP on it menus and logo screens. I can deal with fan noise but coil whine, is instant rma/replace and if they dont fix it i just get my money back.

hear one reason why fan is loud is there 2 supplies for fan one is louder then the other, and other issue is the thermal paste they using is utter crap. I read countless stores of people the bought the pro/ps4 new and it fans sound like ready to take off, they then took the system apart and replied the thermal paste and the system was dead quiet after words. and low quality PSU is why there coilwhine which another negative. I miss the pro but i sure as hell do not miss the coil whine.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I suppose it's possible that GOW and games like it are pushing the system far too much so possibly a future patch might optimise those game to not be such a strain on the system, i have seen YT videos of people who removed the top of their pro and it stays very quiet even with these games running, so i may give that a go at some point, but my only saving grace is that i do not have that many 4k Pro games and i am only really using the console for a few of the exclusives like Uncharted, Wipeout, Re7 VR, GOW, but i have no doubt when they bring out a pro revision they will have sorted the fan noise issue.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    fan issue been around since luanch of ps4, I more intrested in the coil whine being fixed, my ps4 has slight coilwhine the is heard when system it off, but my ear has to be right next to it or aim in right direction to hear it, which was annoying in it self and MGS TPP has those whines in the logo, and menus but it barely noticeable compared to it in the pro, which imo is what needs to be fixed, would be nice if fan issue is fixed too, my ps3 slim is dead slight in comparison and no coil whine either, ps4 is first console I ever heard with coil whine, and the pro is first thing to heard coil whine so bad it reminded me of the gpu i would buy rma'ed twice before i said no thanks. psu that had that issue fixed by rma's and most that stuff happen 10+ years ago

the fat ps3 had higher wattage psu and it had no whine, sony need to stop using sub par psu. cant avoid the noise of blower style fans though. unless the contract artic cooling to make them, cause they are the only manufacture of blower style fans that had dead silent fans that kept things cool as cumber. it would probably add to wait of the system.

I really want get the pro but, coil whine is not deal breaker for me it deal killer, even if it was free i would not want it, not with how loud it gets in the pro.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Netherwind likes this.
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^This game looks amazing on the pro, but gameplay wise i found it meh to be honest, possibly because i don't use the PS4 for any online play, well one game Star Trek Bridge crew with VR but apart from that i don't play online at all on the PS4, but GT Sports really seems fantastic eye candy with a meh gaming side, so i will just have to wait for GT7, i mean i am not a sports fan and that goes double for esports. lol

Oh and i hope you got a good connection, 43 gig, i enjoyed dl that on my 34 meg, and for some reason PSN DL speeds are lower than that of the xbox live, i never dl at full 37 meg, i always seem to hover around the 24 meg mark, and that is wired, wireless is also worse on the ps4, i have no idea what is going on but i don't game online on it so it's not really a issue, only when dl stuff. lol

7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    GT sport seems good to me so far. The online stuff with all the delays and the laggy menus can get pretty annoying but it feels close enough to the old GT games that it doesnt bother more enough. Do wish you got car rewards from finishing the regular pve events like in the past games tho, 0 cars so far. Car rewards are all account progress bound so it feels like you have to grind more to get cars because you'll be buying most of them rather than earning them like you used to. Oh lack of car upgrades was extremely disapointing initially but ive gotten over it.. semi, its still massive fu for someone coming from the old GT games. Smells like a massive cost cutting choice.

8. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Probably because there's more players/users on playstation network compared to xbox network, more users download means less overall bandwidth for everyone downloading.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Black Ops 3 is free until 11/7 for PSN+ Users

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Cool I will trade in my retail copy also fifa is free for a limited period

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    fifa isnt free for me, just discounted.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    *edit*
    I just need to get physical copies of MGS5 : definitive and Alien isolation I got my physical copies of Horizon zero dawn,Bloodborne, and Batman Arkham Knight, so i know have physical copies of the 3 out of 5 goes i bought on psn sale.

I really think at this point IF we buy physcial copy of game the should digital copy too, that is 1 time code, linked to account then again I see people abusing this buy physical copy returning it prety much getting the game for free...

think only way around that is EACH physical copy that has Digital copy has serial key link account would kill the used game sales for places like gamestop. and probably make lot people irate.

I want physical disc cause I want them for my collection, as I will never sell my consoles or it games ever again, but I want digital too cause I dont want to have deal with disc swapping or fact optical drive randomly spin up and sound like jet engine.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I now what Nioh 2 and Ghost Of Tsushima, and the DQXI, Cyperpunk and Elder Scrolls 6 are to far think about, both will be bought for pc though

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I just picked up both digital copies of the Uncharted Collection and Uncharted 4. $20 bucks per game on the PlayStation Store.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    enjoying the hell outta GT sport, just managed to buy the f1500 ta formula one car, and gave it a nice ayrton senna 1988 marlboro livery.

17. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    For those of you that bought a PS4 Pro - any regrets? I'm going to sell off all my weightlifting equipment on craigslist in the next couple of weeks, and I'm hoping to wind up with around $500. I'm thinking I might use it to buy a Pro, since my PS4 has become the kids console. They've just about pushed me out of the living room at this point, so I was thinking I would get a Pro for my office area.

Also, is it difficult to transfer save data over to a second console? I've never had to do that before. I am not currently paying for PSN+, so I'm hoping I could do that with a USB stick?

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I bought it exchanged it 4x before I just got refund it horrible designed and has bad bad coil whine, in pro games, in some the whine is so bad you could have headphones on and still hear it, if you can't hear coil whine or that stuff dont trigger you I envy you, it great upgrade for most part, I would not call it true 4k console nor would i call the Xbox one x such thing but are still under powered for what what 4k needs

19. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I've heard people complain about this, but I have no idea what it is. I just watched the LTT video on a 7970 that had it - I've never experienced that before with any product I've owned. Besides, I'll likely be wearing headphones when using the Pro, so I don't think that will be an issue.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes I have never really heard this issue other then on GPU and PSU most of which i just rma'ed and this was gone, but like I said I had 4 pro 71xx and 7xxx series all them had the whine some pro games were barely noticeable others it was so bad even headphones could not hide, like whine on MGSV menus and logos is horrid it was even and on ACC and I could manipulate whine by moving the camera. the pro is the FIRST console I ever had that had such whine and whine that was so bad I said hell no. I value my sanity and my ocd not be triggered. Then I heard Battlefield games had this issue only worse.

For me it was let down, I wanted to keep the system but the whine was just hell no not happening, and the fact it only really happen in the the GAMES IT WAS DESIGNED FOR *PRO* is even more infuriating. it like the just threw any old psu in there not caring if it has whine that or the people that designed it cant hear that tone anymore.... the the fat ps3 had beefier psu and it had no such whine.

but like said its a nice upgrade if you can put up with that kind of stuff

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018