Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
    Today sees the next PlayStation 4 system software update rolling out with a host of new features for your console.

Some of you may have already got hands-on with system software 5.00 in our recent beta test and tried out a few of the features, such as the new family management setup and improvements to the Quick Menu and friends list, and we’ve been fine-tuning these based on your feedback. But there are a few additional features that will go live for the first time today; take a look at what’s coming your way:

Team Tournaments
    The 5.00 update brings a new dimension to eSports on PS4, with the launch of ESL Team Tournaments.

An extension of the PS4 Events tab, you’ll now find the option to join or create a team of players to squad up and play together online in selected team-based multiplayer games. You can register your team for any upcoming tournaments in the Events schedule, see what upcoming matches you can compete in, then show off your results on your team page (if you want to).

Each team can have up to 100 members, and you can join up to 60 different teams at once, each with a unique name, logo and profile. There’s a team chat function so you can discuss tactics before jumping into battle, and you can recruit (or remove) members as you go – so before long you could be part of an all-conquering crew.

Supported games at launch are Uncharted 4 and Mantis Burn Racing, with more to follow.

[​IMG]
    Parental control improvements for families on PSN
    One major feature that was included with the 5.00 update beta trial was a brand new family on PSN , replacing the previous master/sub accounts.

[​IMG]
    With this new family system, each PS4 user can be managed individually, meaning parents can stay in control of what younger children play, watch, and their online access, while older kids and adults are free to play games or watch movies suitable to their age group. And because the controls are applied individually to each PSN account (rather than just to your home console), they’ll apply to whichever PS4 a family member signs in on.

[​IMG]
    Family management
    Now, with the full launch of system software 5.00, families on PSN can now be managed from a dedicated web portal, meaning parents and guardians can easily adjust their parental controls from their smartphone and PC.

These new Family Management settings are now available in the PS4 settings menu, and are ready to set up now. If you’ve already set up your family on PSN and want to try out the web portal, you can find it HERE.

[​IMG]
    Follow Anyone
    You can now follow any PSN account to see what they’re playing and sharing on PS4, without needing to be friends with them – so if there’s a player who’s a master of your favourite game and shares inspiring videos and screenshots, you can follow them to see their latest updates in your What’s New feed.

[​IMG]
    App updates

As well as the on-console improvements, we’re making some updates to our smartphone apps too:

• PlayStation Communities:
      The app will now flip into landscape mode when you rotate your phone, and you’re also now able to post animated GIFs on community walls. Additionally, the Communities app is now available in Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Thai and Vietnamese.
    • PlayStation Messages:
      Similarly to the PS4 console messaging improvements, the PlayStation Messages app will now display a preview of a website if you’re sent a URL within a message. And, along with the Communities app, the Messages app is now available in Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Thai and Vietnamese. In addition, there are new stickers available.
      Just in case you missed our beta trial announcement post a few weeks ago, here’s a quick run-down of the features that beta testers will have been using already – or read about them in more detail HERE:
    • Friend list management
    • Twitch 1080p broadcasting
    • Message improvements
    • Notifications updates
    • Quick Menu updates
    • Music player improvements
    • Virtual surround sound for PS VR when watching DVDs and Blu-Rays
    • Updated language support

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    Follow anymore? Stalking more like.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    Sounds like a very standard social media thing to me

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    Sadly yes. Any work colleague or boss can look up what you were doing on days off or off sick.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Question time.

I want to buy another ps4 pro. My whole games are digital download. I have business in another city. Hired a home etc. Need to game there too of course. So I have ps4 pro on my main city X let's say. Also I am going and staying at city Y.

So, I will buy a new ps4 pro to city Y. Will the game save field sync? Like steam cloud. I started to play fallout 4 on city X. Then will go. Start ps4 pro in city Y. Start fo4. Fo4 will continue where I left at city X?

Sorry for Lame English skills of mine.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
    you can, but be sure all have permission. otherwise you will have to do it manually. and faster might be to copy them on a usb stick.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You have to authorise your ps4 once you've signed in to psn before you can access your stuff

Somewhere in the options

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hey now in Turkish it is warning me.

U want to make this Ps4 as primal system. u want to active? if yes people will make purchases.

something like this.

if i go to my main city X, whats gonna happen? first i need to deactivate this?

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    https://community.playstation.com/c...rals.topic.html/i_need_to_activate2-xXjE.html
    https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...hare-one-playstation-account-between-two-ps4s

So, one is your primary, this one can play stuff offline

The others are active, and can play stuff only when online.

So I guess make sure your second one has internet access, i've never been able to test it myself so I don't know if it needs like, constant internet access or if its like steam and just needs to check every few days or whatever

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hmm. My only concern is I will leave this console as it is, I go to my main city X and start ps4 pro. Then a screen : use this as main. I click yes and all fine I hope.

That scenario is what I expect as steam

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    unbelievable. i bought evil within 2 via mobile app. and now back to home Y, all games LOCKED i downloaded last night and today. i pressed download to ps4 system from mobile . so it downloads to X home ps4 system.

when eve n u make an action on other side , this side locks down?

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i believe you can only have games running on one of your ps4s at a time

and automated download, i guess it wouldnt know where else to download to other than main