Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Hooo boy we all remember last Christmas and the Lizard Squad attack that took PSN and XBox Live down for several days? Well while nothing is confirmed it seems PSN has been down now for around 12 or so hours, with a generic 'undergoing maintenance' message or error code appearing when you try to log in. The PSN status page shows all services as red, twitter and social media is getting barraged by angry PS4 owners and Sony being Sony are saying nothing other than they are working on it.

Lol can't believe we have to pay for this service.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    LizardSquad claimed to have done it. Nothing can stop a massive DDoS attack, so it is pointless moaning than Sony isn't doing enough to stop it.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    January PS + is now live in eu, get your grim fandango :)

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Finished it a while ago when it first appeared on PSN. Still a great and funny game.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well PSN is back online for the U.S people. Makes me wonder if there is anything that Sony can do about this.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    To be fair though, Sony do seem to have a lot more online services issues than Microsoft do and I can say that with confidence because I own both the PS4 and Xbox One.

I have had very few issues with Xbox Live (I do not use my consoles on Christmas Day either) but have experienced numerous issues with PSN. Also, PSN is always undergoing some kind of maintenance every month whereas I don't recall ever seeing this on Xbox Live since I've had my Xbox One but when I had my Xbox 360, Microsoft would always message its users to inform them of planned maintenance. That is something Sony have never ever done to my knowledge and, in fact, communication on the whole is quite poor with them in my opinion. Even when the service is working, downloads are often ridiculously slow, with game patches often taking hours to download if they are a few GBs in size.

Both services cost the same but if it wasn't for the fact that I have access to free games each month then I would not pay for PSN as at as I do not play games online at all.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Its a strange thing. Ive connected my ps4 to my second ethernet port on my pc and shared internet on my first ethernet port. (so the ps4 has internet access if my pc is on).
    Im gettting full download speeds now. Ive downloaded over 200GB on Sunday (when PSN worked again) since i decided to wipe everything just to see how that would work.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    It might be just a bit (leaps and bounds) cheaper to use a switch to share a ethernet connection.

But yeah, ps4 wifi isn't amazing, but with ethernet it's quite high, not full 100mb internet high but far above the ps3 on ethernet.

Plus sleep mode download it great, using console downtime to download updates, similar to how windows 10 is turning on my laptop overnight to install updates.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I get this now on my wired connection

[​IMG]

i have 50mb/5mb internet so its quite good.
    if i connect it directly i get about 23mb down

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    You would expect Microsoft to have outstanding server security though. Given that they specialize in software. Sony is more of the hardware manufacturer.

12. nurvitx

nurvitx Member

GPU:
    Onboard
    I just want to see some AAA games on PSN Plus....

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    The reason you don't is because Sony pays money to the developers to compensate for it being free on PSN. This helps out the smaller studios.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So i get one day extra of PSN because of the outage, WTH must i use a serial code to redeem the ONE day. this is beyond stupid.

15. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A £5.00 code would have been more appropriate.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    I haven't any email yet. Not too fussed if I don't to be honest.

17. orz1515

orz1515 New Member

GPU:
    GTX970
    To be honest, i only brought mine because i heard ace combat 7 will be exclusive to the console;and needless to say i'm a die hard fan of the series.
    But I really don't want to let the console just sit in my room's corner. Are there any good exclusives on ps4 that i can play on?

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Bloodborne, the last of us, infamous, driveclub, uncharted collection, god of war 3, until dawn, resogun, journey collection.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Infamous and killzone are well worth playing through.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I own total of 3 games for ps4 atm Disgaea 5, Until Dawn and Bloodborne these I would suggest. Others I do not have a clue about the new games I just know the ps3 versions.