Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I'm waiting for PSVR2 and haxed drivers for PC...IVRY...looking at you..

pegasus1 likes this.
  2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Yep, i would buy it in a heart beat if i could use it for DCS

Valken likes this.
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys i ve said farewell to pc upgrades, i ve had enough , so what s the best affordable keyboard and mouse for the ps5, im gonna go ps5 route now, since i have lg cx 55 inch, 120hrz at 4k, is it possible to use 2k at 120hrz in warzone on ps5?

4. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I found this:

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i have been enjoying the PS5, but not for ps5 games funny enough, but all my pro enhanced and PSVR run a treat on the ps5, but even better i have found 2 nice little bonuses, whereas on the actual pro games could with ease consume 180 watts without breaking a sweat while playing pro enhanced games like Skyrim vr, Borderlands THC, Arizona Sunshine, HZ, the same game running the same pro enhancements on the ps5 is only drawing up to 107 watts, and that is some power saving, and the icing on the cake, i can at last playing a pro games in silence without a screaming pro fan, and very happy with that. :)

PS5 joypad is still utter tripe, i am sure this thing is going to break in my hand everytime i press a button, just does not feel as sturdy or as strong as the ps4 pads.

WhiteLightning likes this.
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yeah PS4 and PS4 pro are notorious jet engines :D difference is day and night.
    I have not played one game so far where it would get really loud on the ps5. the loud noise can get really annoying, this is bliss.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    It is utter heaven not to hear the console, i can now actually play games like HZ now, as before even with headphones on the fan on my pro was just awful, Sony should have been drawn over the coals for the pro consoles just barely working fan and cooling system.

But i can at last enjoy pro enhanced games, and it only took 7 years from the pro launch. Lol

8. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Dualsense was 33% off on Amazon during black friday week. Should have loaded up on them. Battery life is atrocious so having at least 2 is a must.

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    This 100% I bought a second one on offer from Amazon, after the original started having issues, repaired that one also, now have 2 good ones.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Sony must employ this person straight away. Puts all the Japanese manufacturing to shame.

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    A nice little project to say the least.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Making a custom PCB and PSU with all the rest that goes with it. Then getting the OS to run with custom fan settings without overheating at 4K? More like a PS2 or PS3.

14. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
  15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    With how little has come to PS5 proper since covid this seems like too much, too soon. Have they even maxed out the PS5 yet? I can count on one hand how many games actually exist that aren't PS4 backward compatible meaning the system is still being held back.

16. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    PS5 was maxed out day 1 with Demon's Souls and then some months later with Ratched & Clank. After that, PS5 continued to get exclusives taking full advantage of new hardware capabilities, so I don't know what you are talking about. Don't confuse PS5 and Series X (which basically has no impressive current gen exclusives). By the time PS5 Pro comes out, GTA6 and some other major games will be very close to release. I know I'll be buying PS5 Pro day 1 and I will be very satisfied with that purchase. I'm a hardware enthusiast after all. But for more casual users there may be no need for Pro and PS5 will be plenty fast for them until end of generation.

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I honestly dont see how a day 1 launch title took 100% advantage of a console. That would be the first time ever. It typically takes several years to understand how to get the most out of a system. We have barely touched UE5 games and learning how to get them on the consoles properly. I just don't see enough of a library to warrant the need for new hardware, again, how many PS5/XSX exclusives are there? 90% of software is still backward compatible with PS4. To each his own, 2024 just feels too soon given the circumstances this generation with covid and so many delays. On top of the long development times games take now.

Taking advantage of new hardware is not maxing out new hardware.

18. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    You are arguing for the sake of arguing and have unrealistic expectations from a 450€ machine. There are games on PS5 right now that load in 2 seconds and have almost all RT features. Not sure what else you are expecting. Full pathtracing at 120FPS native 4K? Good luck with that. What PS5 Pro will enable is more games at locked 60fps and closer or full 4K, with more RT features. That's good enough for me.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Lol. No. I'm talking about game engines themselves and still having alot of room left to squeak out an accomplish some nice gains. You're the one stuck on buzzwords fed to you by nvidia and amd. I'm talking about what developers can still achieve with their engines. I understand what the Pro will do, exactly what the PS4 Pro did, very little. Mid cycle refreshes are a gimmick. Mainly because you cant abandon the vanilla consoles. It's like the issue some developers have with Series S. But hey, we can go back and forth all day. I think we are misunderstanding each other. Have a good one.

pegasus1 likes this.
  20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if mid cycle updates are gona be new normal. I really hoping this pro isnt thing, I gona start not buy consoles, and start put that money to my pc, as it stand i drop psn + and how no intentions resubing for 80$ for year it just isnt happening

Serotonin and pegasus1 like this.