Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I second this. the crap xinput drivers must go. happy spiderman is coming to pc, and like i said before i do not think bloodborne is happening on pc. not unless bb2 is announced. (and that probably is not in development at all tbh)

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sad but probably true atlest for the time being

3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    PlayStation 5 sales reach 20 million worldwide

And for the most important part:

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I am going to wait for a slim model at this point as i am not a fan of the present behemoth and it's design, and i hated that useless stand that allowed the console to slide off it if you looked at it for too long. Lol

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Sometime in 2024. No time soon anyway.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The shape of ps5 is atrocious and stand ugh, all that did was add to resonating sound that cover make when fan are spinning, which actual more annoying to then the slight coil whine the ps5 has, most cause that resonating that come from covers plates is worse then coil whine, but i can atlest walk up to ps5 push down on plate and it stops. which all made worse by that stands.

which why that stand has rubber mats between the shelf and stand and the stand and ps5 plates, i have tried it standup though and if made bottom play flat there would be no freaking need for stand in first place for horizontal

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I honestly hope that does not happen. mid gen cycles "upgrades" should not be thing, the might as well just new new gen ever 5 years instead 10. but they probably will and will to be the massively coil whine that came with pro playing the pro games will come back too

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It was always planned to be like that. Cell/mobile phones cost in excess of 600+ and are released once a year. Console hardware cycle is around 3 years in comparison.

9. garyb

garyb Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070
    Console design aside, I only hope they start making games this has got to be the worst console generation so far.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Not in any hurry, still have my Pro,but more importantly i just got my pc to under 90 watts gaming, now let's see British Gas rob me blind now. Lol

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Console hardware was never planned to be ever 3 years i been roughly 6 years every new gen till MS and Sony fiqure out how under power cpu was last gen and even then last gen ligers for another 3-4 years . it make no sense to even do so in current climate where shortage are ramped on parts to begin with, i shocked sony sold 20m considering this too.

I honestly dont want this to be come the new normal, but probably will if this becomes the new normal i probably wont buy new gen till "upgraded" verison is released im not gona be double dipped by consoles gaming:rolleyes:

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    There was the Pro model for the PS4 in the later stages of that consoles life span. It really needed one too. The PS5 will probably get better wireless and power saving tech.

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Maybe with Covid and bad supply of raw materials it could even take longer this time. So far PS5 hasn't sold nearly enough for what they had in mind.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I don't think the numbers were ever going to be as huge as the PS4. The cost of production is higher too. Probably the hardest part Sony has is showing off how good their games look in 4K/60 on the PS5.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Sony has sold 20 million PS5s so far. Not a bad number, considering the supply constrains.
    But They have just announced a ramp up in production, so it might become much easier to buy one.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sad part here is most arnt really 4k there scaled/dynamic in some way, i just happy sub 1080p is no longer thing, so far and there IS 60 fps for most game now even if there not hitting 60 fps, atlest people start starting to realize just how bad 30fps is in compared to proper 60 fps

17. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + C1 OLED
    Spiderman, Spiderman Miles Morales and Uncharted look great with VRR. My PS5 needs attention. I have a nice stack of AAA titles to complete.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Tomorrow opens the new ps plus on America right? Lets see if there are any more games on the list.

11 more days for EU.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What is the PlayStation Plus anyway?

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    GTA 5 online is free for plus users.