Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    You can hide it but not remove it afaik.

I won't add it to my library, there's no point.

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
  4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The black is what should been from day one, would like one but i not sure I would pay $55 for maybe if goes on sale i might

I be way more interest if they made case/cover that dont require that ridiculous stand.

None the less my PS5 get use way more then my pc these days

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sad day, my 2nd controller I replaced, my first controller with cause it R2 button had issues, has now develop drift and this controller has maybe 3 months of use out of it. I either had terrible luck with controllers for ps5 or there quality went down the tube.

None of ps/ps2/ps3/ps4 controllers and they all got years and years of use on them have no problems and none of them have drift either

7. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    maybe it's from bad batch?

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont know first one was one i got with ps5 3 months in it develop issue with R2 button i could not fix, Got 2nd one from B&H and 3 and not even 3 months use on that and left stick is drifting, i leave it alone and character moves to left it self. Past few days I could just fire up Nioh and sitting on the mission menu the cursor would be moving to the left all by self , and now that one is being sent that one to sony to be replaced and or fixed? or what ever they do. But 2 controllers in less then 3 months both with issues, kind unacceptable for 70-80$ controller. I took pictures of controller left little dot on controller to so i know if they send me a new one, Will find out what happens. unhappy that i need to pay to ship it back when it under manufacture warranty, But I also bought 3 year extension warranty on the contoller from B&H when i bought it which think will come in handy if quality is really the bad

Past few days I could just fire up Nioh and sitting on the mission menu the cursor would be moving to the left all by self

Oddly the one I just sent back seem heavier then the one I correctly use did the change them? and make them heavier or lighter?

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Pretty new console for it to be having issues so soon.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    consoles is fine i at this point i question the contollers I was talk to my cousins and he says he has 2 controllers with drift. he sold his ps5 8 months ago those controllers are all that are left of the original purchase

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Try the awful stand, if you want to lay it flat the thing will slip off at the slightest movment, and i bet when they redesign the PS5 the stand will either go or will offer one that at least clicks into postion to hold the bloody thing rather than just resting on top of it, design over functionality with that thing.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    My solution to crap stand when it laying flat was put this little sponge mats Under the stand feet, and between Stand and consoles So it Shelf>Sponge mat>Stand>Sponge mat>PS5 make it little more stable I use that term loosely though, and it had secondary effect, of reducing the vibrations noises that go thew the shelf it sitting on I been doing some similar for ever playstation console cause one the optical drive is spinning the vibrations caused annoying sounds atlest to me anyway, It was not much of issue on ps3/4 cause most games where installed and only spin disc upon launch

PS5 on other hand still spin up ANY disc in the system every 30 minutes reguardless if you playing game that actual uses said disc, which I dont understand or why it even does as it has nothing to do with security check for said disc based game seeing it spin any PS5 disc in the system every 30minutes when i playing Nioh or any of my games I have digital copies of and if there no disc in system there obviously no spin every 30 min . but they did altlest reduce the that spin up speed so barely hear able now, it only bad when installing games from disc from first time

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I would like to mention Solar Ash. It's well worth playing. Out of PS4 and PS5.

14. garyb

garyb Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070
    Never had a issue you sure you connected it properly !

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Got back my Contoler again. this one seem to have click share/option buttons vs mush one previous one had, it d-pad seem diffrent too, diffrent as in better atlest to for me.

lets see if 3rd contoler is last longer then 3 months use.

I cant get enough of nioh and nioh 2

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Perhaps be a little be more gentle with the controller?

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sadly these issues are not arrising from abuse, if it was all my other controllers going back ps1 era would had issue in same time, fact is all them are all original and have no issues and cetianly none of them have drift to this day, same for all my pc controllers. well baring the F710 that thing sucked and never stay connected, if they way i use my controllers is consider abuse the quality went down the crapper despite the price going up, hell I even put my controller inside bag these days to keep dust from getting in them, when not used. that or i just had bad luck with them

Now my cousin i expected to have issues with his 2 controller, mostly cause he abuses the hell out his controllers consistently banging and throw them has trash bag full of 2 dozen + xbox controllers that dont work right in one way or another

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Have a look at the SCUF PS5 controller. They are normally very well made.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have but there cost deterrent, if i could find one on sale for price normal DS conotoler i might actual buy one

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Better quality components. The dual sticks are normally much more hard wearing, and better designed.