Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Ok i have given that Zero Dawn game another try, as i did not really get into it the first time i tried it as i tried it was on my pro, and most pro games make that console sound like a jet taking off, so playing pro games on the pro was almost impossible, ironic right.........anyway since i got the PS5 i thought i may gives these games another go, so i started with ZD, and i have to admit it is a fantastic game, very good sci-fi story, the combat is really quite good, i like the level up system, and the world looks just stunning at 1440p, some really impressive world views in this game, so yeah i can see why people liked this game, very impressive...........i am going to be at this one a while collecting all the stuff.

Not bad for a game that has been sitting there since 2021, and i am sure i even got it free. lol

TheDigitalJedi and tunejunky like this.
  2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    As I have said many times - I feel sorry for people who got an old pr0 version, when the version I got was silent and ran on SSD, lowering the power usage.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Sony should have been hauled over the coals for releaseing such not fit for purpose pros concoles, and i can tell you i won't be touch their next pro, once bitten twice shy, and moreso their downright contempt to tell consumers it's not a problem.

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Did you use an SSD; because that is rightly a huge part of not using power, and, not having a 'loud' PS4?

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    The fan was the problem on my pro, the GOW Ltd edition, the fan was just horrendous, and it was my second console, seems a lot of launch pros had this very same issue.........not my pro, but this is what it sounded like on games like ZD or GOW.......

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/MuzAcd_pdPg

Of course i have the ps5 so now so i can play pro games now with no fan issues.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So, did you use an SSD?

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    RT is absolutely worth it in Metro Exodus and cyberpunk, but the performance hit is huge.....RT need better development to become a better performing feature, might stick with SSR like older games, quantum break anyone....

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I said for most people aka the people not willing to pay for RT performance hit. RT is years if not decades away from be worth it to masses

Never said RT isn’t worth it for what it does to realistic lighting,

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    If Sony had a requirement for games to provide an option to cap to 60 instead of 30 or 40 in "quality" mode, these "pro" versions of their console would make way more sense.

Valve (who had zero prior experience in consoles) has done the "console thing" in the Steam Deck better than Sony and Microsoft combined. You just move a framerate limit slider left or right, and you're done. Apparently this is rocket science for Sony and MS.

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well… I just hope MS comes with a handheld console on the market pretty soon, that will give them a serious edge on the market, whithout any exclusives (they have almost none anyways).

XP-200 likes this.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT

I understand your point but it should be up to game developers to create games that provide good experiences instead of being a third party mandating it.

The biggest problem is that gamers continue to buy games even if they are cash grabs, incomplete or even broken.

As long as this situation continues, no one will bother to improve the situation...

I don`t understand this idea of MS releasing an handheld console when we already have gamepass on Steam deck, Asus Ally or any other portable console.

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    It makes perfect sense to have a true rival for the Steam deck, which basically provides the “best mobile console experience” on the market atm. All other mobile pc gaming devices are good, faster than the Deck, but lack to provide a simple, easy to use, free hassle experience. If MS brings a true device console on the market, they will seek like cupcakes IMHO.It’s good to have competition in the end, good for us gamers that is.

But.. who knows… could be wrong though :D

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I don't see the point. Microsoft late to the party once again, or just waiting money on R&D for something that clearly will not sell in big numbers.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I will take a series S xbox handheld anyday of the week, and i do use the SD for streaming GP games, but i would 100% take local play on a native xbox handheld.

serbicu likes this.
  15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The Series S pumps out a lot of heat though.

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    But it only uses 60-75w in gaming.
    That is not much, compared to the PS5 and Series X using around 200w.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Games what will start to appear in a few months(2024/2025), probably will struggle with it though.

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I love the Series S insane low power draw, but i will also give Sony their due because i have come across a lot of ps4 pro games that are down in the 90/100 watts draw, whereas they were in the 160/170 watts draw in the original pro, alone with the jet engine noise. Lol

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Series S.
    Mode Power consumption
    Streaming HD 28 W
    Streaming UHD 31 W

Active Gameplay 74 W
    Navigation Mode APD 60 minutes

Series X.
    DVD Playback
    48 W
    Blu-Ray Playback
    50 W
    Streaming HD
    47 W
    Streaming UHD
    48 W

Active Gameplay
    153 W

PS5.
    Active gaming (PS5 games: three game average): 209.8 W
    Active gaming (PS4 game: Marvel’s Spider-Man): TBC
    Active gaming (PS4 game: Battlefield 4): 97.2 W
    DVD playback: 56.5 W
    Blu-ray playback: 55.7 W
    Streaming media: 56.1 W
    Home menu user interface: 45.6 W

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I've said this for the last two generations. But I really think even with all the pc ports, console only gaming might be the way to go for me next gen. I had some time on Saturday to play a little bit. I had more driver issues, patch issues, hdr issues on Windows, with specific games I wanted to play. Once I got everything working I was over it, got fed up, turned on PS5, played some Spider-man 2 (I "beat" the game but trying to get 100% completion) with no problems. Smooth gaming, no headaches. Beautiful HDR. VRR working perfectly. When I was younger I enjoyed the tinkering and problem solving of PC, now it's just time wasting and a pain in the ass.

I was trying to wait for the PC version of FF16 before playing it. Think I'll just play it on PS5. Will take me a long time to beat right now anyway. But when I do get time to play, I just want to play.

TheDigitalJedi, XP-200 and serbicu like this.