Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I agree. That was one of the first things I thought myself. Developers aren't going to want to support this. They still won't move on to PS5/XSX exclusively because of the larger base of last gen. And I think that's going to be a new thing. New systems being after thoughts until the base is large enough.

So now develop for series s, series x, ps5, ps5 pro (and still possibly ps4, ps4 pro, xbox one, xbox one x). Certainly becoming a hassle. Still not as bad as PC. But the additional systems mean more man hours and money. And with the industry already seemingly tailing spinning, can't be a good thing.

2. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Some comments here are... well, to put it lightly, embarrassing :D Certainly not what you'd expect on enthusiasts forum. Developers will not need to make games from the ground up for PS5 Pro. All games nowadays are being developed with scalability in mind. Just like they don't make separate PC games for RTX3080 GPU owners and another executable version for RTX4080 owners. It's the same game with different settings and framerates. That's all. More clickbaity headlines feeding on PS5 Pro skepticism bandwagon. And let's be honest, most of whining is from PS5 owners who just bought it and now feel like their console will soon be dated (although not true, it will still run all games just fine). Well this is what happens when you buy 4th year after it's released. Next time buy on launch day. I'm more than happy to upgrade my aging PS5, so bring on the PS5 Pro. Day 1 for me. GTA6 will be glorious. :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    drandiiski likes this.
  3. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Here we go, another leak :cool:
    https://insider-gaming.com/ps5-pro-enhanced-details/

WhiteLightning likes this.
  4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yeah seems good, but the CPU will be the Achile’s heel for the new console, just a meager bump in clocks. Hopefully that new proprietary upscaling method will do wonders :D. Still day one buy for me, relay hope it will come with Bloodborne remastered from BluePoint lol.

5. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    A lot of game developers are not happy with the PS5 Pro news, they said this at GDC interview.
    " I didn’t meet a single person that understood the point of it.’"
    "‘Developers didn’t seem to feel they needed it’, he said. ‘They weren’t really making the most of the PS5 in the first place,"
    "This generation doesn’t even seem to have got started, let alone needs a mid-generation upgrade,’ he concluded."

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/26/ps5-...a-single-person-understood-point-it-20529089/

Serotonin likes this.
  6. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Don't post old stuff. This was discussed in previous pages...

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT

I`m not whinning, i just don`t think that another version of the PS5 is necessary at all, because it the end it`s not going to matter.

Most publishers/studios will just target the base PS5 and forget about the PRO, so they can save time and money. Only first party studios will try to use the full power of it and maybe one or two of the big boys, like the upcoming GTA 6.

And the hilarious part is seeing Sony and MS chasing power while Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank thanks to Switch, that has the worst hardware and the better games, the most important part of consoles!...

Right now i`m just upset that my console can`t read the game disks properly or that the disks are damaged...

GoldenTiger and Serotonin like this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i find it more ridiculous there gona release this then 2 years later supposedly release ps6, make more sense to spend that money on ps6 so it lasts and there is no need a "pro", no one make money on actual consoles and double dipping on them each gen is just more they have to eat from hardware, it not gona drive software sells any more, seeing even ps4 pro was tiny amount sold compared to base system

then again i not inserted in console eco system that has "base" then a "pro" few years later what i see more likey to happen to dev will get excuse to not optimize games even less then they do

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    Serotonin likes this.
  9. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    That's a very shortsighted mindset filled with negativity. Pretty much every game supported PS4 Pro after it came out, with some sort of higher res or higher FPS. Do you know why so many PS4 games looked and played great on PS5? That's right, because PS4 Pro. Those games were able to go even beyond what PS4 Pro was capable of. If they were locked to PS4 specs only, they would look so bad on PS5 now. And yes, some of those games got PS5 patches eventually, but on day 1, those PS4 Pro games were beautiful on PS5. Anyway, no point arguing with such negative people who can't see past their own selfish interests: "I just bought a PS5, so PS5 Pro shouldn't come out!!!". Yeah...

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT

PS4 games run great on the PS5 because of the super fast storage system, the best part of the PS5 by far, not because of the PS4 pro, that added nothing.

Feel free to disagree with me but please stop saying that i`m like this and like that just because i have an opinion that differs from yours.

TheDigitalJedi and GoldenTiger like this.

11. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Nintendo does. :D

TheDigitalJedi and tsunami231 like this.
  12. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    You don't know much about anything do you? So maybe you shouldn't discuss topics which you have no knowledge about. If not for PS4 Pro, all PS4 games on PS5 would be stuck at 1080p max. PS4 Pro versions is what allowed pretty much every PS4 Pro supported game run at 1800p+ and smooth framerate. So, extra development effort that developers did for Pro carried over to PS5. And the same will happen with PS5 Pro, which is coming out by the way, and not even a 100 ranty misinformed comments from you can change a thing. So in this case your "opinion" doesn't matter. It's like having an opinion that the sun will not rise in the morning. Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, but the sun will rise in the morning anyways.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    just ignore them. literately and figuratively

Nintendo is in Class of there own.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Developers are dumb, having to drop to stuttery 30 fps for fidelity mode is a good reason for a Pro to exist.

15. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Developers can do 40 fps fidelity mode if they want but choose to cap the game at 30fps due to laziness. even some developers optimize their game at 40fps with all the eye candy since they can't hit 60fps and 40fps at 120Hz is the perfect balance for console.
    next we going to see many game developers bitching about getting their game to run at 60fps on PS5 Pro or it's too much work :D:D:D.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    for me it's the last nail in the coffin of pc gaming when consoles are the main interest of gaming development, we will always see half a**** console ports with ridiculous unoptimizations and bad framerates.....

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    how that any different the half asses release we get on consoles, game are be released unfinished and not ready on both sides. Either way it continue I truly doubt console will truely have 60fps standard (stable). anymore then games released when there done and ready instead of crap it out now and fix later ,maybe mentality which generally the publisher fault and if bomb with in weeks it "launch" and dev get shut down it probably would never be fixed.

PS4 was perfectly capable of 60fps stable gaming so was pro and ps5 and soo to be ps5 pro, develop need to stop push tech and features said system cant handle, I much rather have 60 fps stable over eye candy mostly cause as i got older my tolerance of 30 fps disappeared forget it if it bad framepacing.

I use to be able to start up bloodborne and play for while before pacing it drove me nuts and i stoped, I cant even get past 10 minutes now. I wont be finish that game till it release on PC or on new sony consoles that can push 60fps stable

Brute forcing performance isn't the fix for shitty optimizing and bad decision in the design

if targeting 30fps and or 60fps mode and your no longer hitting and keep it stable the performance target it no longer priority it eye candy.

Still want to see what cost of pro is it it right i might get.

I am not against new more power tech i against same crap happen with new more power full tech cause they dont want be bothered do what need.we been get shitt console ports to for decades, and console have been trying to push more then capable.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    XP-200 likes this.
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    4k and Rt have both been a busted flush for gamers, 1440p 60/120fps should have been the sweet spot and a industry standard, then the devs could have went insane with more detailed in-game assets without worrying about pushing a native res that just seems to be a money pit for eating every and all avalible resources, and Sony and MS should just dump RT period, and devs could spend RT dev time on more important things with a better payoff.

tsunami231 likes this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    RT isnt worth it imo in most case most people will never see much difference vs huge hit performance. RT WILL be epic but it not there yet to much hit for t not much difference PQ wise vs performance.
    I use refused to use AO for years cause hit was way to much, now hit almost non existent so i have no issue put it on for something I barely ever notice.

RT isnt worth price to alot people. and these consoles should never been doing them

XP-200 likes this.
  20. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Jeff Grubb suggests Playstation showcase next month. Will include Silent Hill 2 remake.