Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    edit
    not worth it.

2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    You do have quite a few good posts, but that said your reputation here (yes it's only a forum on the net) isn't entirely positive.

P.S. I also have an all digital PS5.

3. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    And who made you the judge? If we compare messages to likes ratio, mine is a lot better (I obviously don't care about such stuff), but since you brought this up... Yours is lower, so you are worse member than I am going by this measurable metric. So yeah... maybe don't judge others and look in the mirror.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ignore is your friend the person you arguing with is as bad certain other people on these forum when come to defending nvidia.
    Just ignore and move on, not worth the stress or rented space in ones mind, unless you enjoy such things i guess.

as for ps5 pro i only curious in how much they gona try in charge. if i build my new pc i wont care one bit about pro, it all comes to pc at this point, which only platform I have no issue with digital cause i can play my games from 20+ years ago on current pc at higher resolutions and FPS if i choose, cant do that on consoles or well they dont want you to be able to, they want resell them.

my entire console collections is physical disc, and any game i stupidly bought digital i sooner or later bought physical copies of. and i no interest in anything cloud/streaming based, or subscription based either

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    XP-200 likes this.

5. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    A Lot of people putting the disk in the wrong way o_O

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am going to say, with those specs, and with the Ps5 slim here in the Uk still about £410 without the optical drive, i am going to say we are about to see a £700 Ps5 pro, and that will include the fact the worlds economy is in the toilet right now, well it is here in the UK. lol

Of course it could be more, if Sony decide that the new pro will come without a optical drive, then they may charge say £650 for the pro, and another £120 for the optical drive.......i mean that is standard practice at a launch, to gouge those consumers who really want one, so i doubt we will see a £500/£600 all singing pro at launch.

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Not sure where you're getting your pricing from but the PS5 Slim digital is £389 with the optical drive PS5 version currently available on sale for £409.

There's definitely wiggle room for a reasonably priced Pro console.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    We shall see, i am sticking to the launch price being about £650 for the digital version.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I will gladly sell you my pro once i get it :D

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    which if true I wont buy it, not at that price, and it would make very wary about what might charge for a PS6. but that is just me. as much as i hate windows and path GPU are going from feature point and performance cost, PC still more interesting to me atlest i can take all my game with me from pc to pc

but that is just me. Would like one sure but i would not pay it anymore then I would pay for 700~800$ xx70ti tier card. Maybe if I wind up back in NC before all this I will sale me ps5 to pay for half of it. it nicely speced gpu wise anyway

11. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    This thing will fly off the shelves as it will be the best way to play GTA6 for a long time (until PC version a year later or so). And even then quality of PC version will be a big question mark. As I understand the best way to play GTA5 now is consoles because PC version never got upgraded with any of RT stuff.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I just got the PS5 and a Ultragear 1440p monitor, so i have reached my zenith for gaming for at least the next 2 years, but if by then you are still looking to sell it, i will give you £2 and a very nice casio watch(runs watch up and down arm). lol

I will be sticking with the PS5 for the next few years as at presnt all i am doing is playing ps4 pro games on it, which i could not do with the actual PS4 pro due to the fan noise, funny how things work out. lol

TheDigitalJedi and tsunami231 like this.
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    If that casio is 24 carat gold we have a deal :D

XP-200 likes this.
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    basically what my ps5 is for, play ps4/pro game i didnt play before cause fan was annoying, play ps4 game that got ps5 updates, i dont have single PS5 game that for PS5 only. cause none of PS5 only games intrestst me. I still shocked by fact we still have lot cross gen games happen.

I also plan to pick up AoC Mini led VA 27"monitor that 180hz for 250$ when i go back NC

TheDigitalJedi and XP-200 like this.
  15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Shouldda got the last one they made, which didn't have any of those problems, like I did; and run an SSD through it for low power usage, meaning less need to cool the system off.

It was the RDR2 model, using (I think) the CUH-7216b - whisper quiet and super low power usage with the SSD.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    by that time i had already gona threw 3 ps4 pro and 2 models all loud asf and coilwhine worse then anything I ever heard and said screw it, save that money for ps5 seeing it 1 year out whisper quiet and very little coilwhine

will never understand why sony cant just hotglue the capacitors that are cause the whine cause comes from psu

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I just read a report that most developers at GDC felt this was absolutely pointless and haven't come anywhere near maxing out the PS5 yet. They're all confused as to why Sony is doing this now. Especially with competition not very strong from Xbox.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Are these the same developers that also think upscaling from 720p to 4K using FSR2 looks fine?

Image quality this gen has been comically bad.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I do agree with you there. But I think part of it has to do with still being backward compatible with ps4. Most companies are cutting corners however they can to save money.

If you look at games that were developed strictly for the ps5, like ratchet and clank, I feel the IQ is much better. Maybe it's just me. The third party stuff has definitely been rough.

20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT

I think the same.

Even worse, the main advantage of consoles over PCs is the fixed hardware, making it much cheaper and faster to develop games, and now they are creating another tier that very few developers are going to take advantage because of the extra cots, specially when many are still making games for the PS5 and the PS4...

MS did the same with the Xbox and the results aren`t exactly famous...