Sony Playstation 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Been trying to find one of these for my older brother for a while online, but all the restocks seem to happen while i'm at work and unable to actually do anything.
    I check a few stock tracker websites about once a day, but of course never any luck.
    Have you all been just been lucky enough to get them locally?

2. dave6479

dave6479 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3
    @MrBonk Nah, never seen one in a shop yet. Got mine at the start of March but that was using a stock checker app on my phone and having a live Youtube tracker running on another TV. Unfortunately if you work or have a family to run around after then the odds are stacked against you, I was just at the right place at the right time, day off and sitting in front of the PC when alarm sounded.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Got Death Stranding Directors.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Pure luck one morning i was looking for a USB cable on argos here in the Uk and the banner popped up stating PS5 now in stock, and i was not really looking for any of the new consoles yet as i was waiting until 2022 to upgrade, but i just grabbed one and the rest is history. lol

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have my ps5 horizontal and the stand under it own feet have 2mm thick rubber mats, you know those mats you put to keep thing from moving and have another layer of the on top of stand where stand and ps5 sits. it made it more "stable" use that loosly with added bonus of it has dampened the vibrations noises the come from the internals and or cover? that was amplified by the particle board shelf it is on. i have this strange vibrations/hum that comes and goes every 10 minutes or so when it on and not the from fan and think coming from covers or something right under cover

XP-200 likes this.
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I never thought of a rubber mat under it, i will give that a try, cheers. ;)

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super

PS5’s Latest Update Offers a Secret Performance Boost for Control, DMC5, and Other Games

Free performance is always a good thing.

DannyD likes this.
  8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  9. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    I've only ever seen them in CEX at nearly double the price, same with the Series X. I've seen the Series S in a few places.

I hear Twitter is a good place in terms of keeping an eye on when stocks are due in.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^I have been looking at CEX as they are giving £520 for a PS5, that would make me £70 more than i paid for it, and i am really considering it because i like that PS4 games run great on the PS5 and i like the fast loading times, but i am coming to the conclusion that i don't really need a PS5 at present and this time.......it's a nice bit of tech buuuuuuuuuuut, do i really need it at this time is really nagging me. lol

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Laughed at the comments that watching it at 144p makes it look like real life as it kinda did.

Ghosty likes this.
  13. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Understandable. I mean if it isn't doing anything for you right now, sell it, then get another when everything has calmed down in regards to stock and more titles are out for it. I only got one because I was dying to get rid of the Pro. I wanted to re-play some older titles but I can't stand the noise it gives out, even with earphones. I also wanted to get it out of the way and not worry about trying to get one during the Christmas rush.

The Series X is nice but with a 3090 in my PC, I virtually have no need for one. It would just gather dust.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^It's all boxed up ready to go, it is a nice bit of kit no doubt about it, but i think i will wait for a more slimmed down version, possibly look at these new consoles again near xmas 2022 as i don't really need them at present, and yes the faster times and the more stable frame rates were nice, but not £450 worth of nice. lol

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    Two things impress me most about that are: the lighting, which is pure british-weather-perfect, and, the reflections in the mirror, which have the correct 'objects appear larger than they are' look to them.

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    PS5: VRR Update Will Be Available Reportedly in December

Just speculation at this point. But it would be good news for PS5 owners.

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Welcoming Bluepoint Games to the PlayStation Studios family

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  19. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    State of Play starts in a few minutes. Here is the stream, for those who want to watch.