Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Having a small break for NMS so i got to enjoy that little platform game that came free with the PS5, the one with the astrobot, it reminded me of that Banjo and Kazzie game on the 360 that had the levels inside the console, very well done.....but now i stuck hiding behind the cart bit in A plagues tail because the aiming in the game is so hit and miss as i seem to miss the last two guards all the time, and it is more annoying because i have to sit through the talking bit before the blacksmith starts pushing the cart, that of course can't be skipped, the one thing i hate in this world, unskippable scenes that you already sat through. lol

2. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    @XP-200 Got NMS about two weeks ago in the sale and tend to spend my time just flying around planet hopping, really only wanted to see what PS5 enhancements there was. I'll tell you one game I'm taking off is that damn Warzone. I had a short phase where I was unlocking weapon parts but now I'm finding it boring dying all the time. My next game install will be taking its place.

By the way anyone heard anything of the beta software update yet? It must be about a month now since I registered for it and times getting on or are they waiting for this PS5 compatible/recommended NVMe release at the end of the month?

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^^No mans sky is my replacment for Elite D now, loving it on the PS5, and can you imagine what this game would be like if it was a full PS5 VR game using all the PS5. :O

DannyD likes this.
  4. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Ahh good old VR, I do like it. I have Elite Dangerous for the PC and also an Oculus Rift, unfortunately I'm always PC biased so the PS5 VR will have an uphill struggle to win me over because the PS5 itself hasn't after 5 months of owning one.

EDIT: The DuelSense has, that's truly next gen hardware.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^I have enjoyed Vr since the first Oculus DK1 and was one of the backers in 2014, and since then went from DK2 to the Cv1, Vive, Dell Vr visor, Go, Quest II and the PSVR, but with the way PC prices are going through the roof i am finding that Sony are pushing all the right botton for me, on price, on power and on the fact they are sticking with a oled panel for the PSVR II, which in my view should be the min for any VR HMD, because after trying WMR, Go, and the QII, LCD just don't cut it due to the awful black and colour levels, as a example ED space is just this awful grey filled haze, it feels like a downgrade when i slip off a Oled HMD and put on the QII, just hate it to bits.

So PSVR II all the way Sony, and i want it NOW!. lol

DannyD likes this.
  6. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Good God mate I'm surprised when you know it's the real world! So many headsets. Ha! I'll still get one when it finally comes out as I do believe it's the way forward.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    One word of warning, as you can see from me, once you let that VR genie out of the bottle you can't put it back in. Lol

DannyD likes this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    no worries I will never take that pill

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    [​IMG] lol

DannyD likes this.
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah, no worries there either. but any pill that will made "him" get lost in blackhole is worth it

11. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Good news guys the beta program is now live, just received the E-Mail for download.

Main updates from this System Software Beta Program:
    • M.2 SSD Storage Expansion
    • 3D Audio Support for Built-In TV Speakers
    • PS5 UX Enhancements

Other features explained by going through a beta link on the PS5 system software page.

serbicu and DannyD like this.
  12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    3D Audio Support for TV speakers? How is that possible?

13. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    All seems to install and run fine, no initial problems.

Previous : 21.01-03.21.00.00-00.00.00.0.1

Beta 2.0 : Beta 2.0-04.00.00.31-00.00.02.1.1

Also got a Duelsense update : 0282

Total update 913.9MB

Some other feature updates are explained in the system part of the PS5 menu taking you to an online page, will go back later for another look.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Probably loads of security patches and stuff that they don't want to make public.

15. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    The code I have is only valid until 31st October 21, I wonder if that's when the Beta program ends.

16. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Just checked and the option is there but I have to switch off my surround system and change HDMI device type to TV otherwise it's greyed out.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Ah yes. The PS5 dosen't support Dolby or anything like that this time around. Not a bad thing at all as Sony has a very good reputation with audiophilia. I'd asume that 3D audio still works in surround sound, some how.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I was using the 3d audio before the patch but in a janky setup

USB dac to 3.5mm cable, that cable into the input on the Z5500 and it would allow 3d audio to be enabled.

20. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Anyone else on the Beta 2.0? This is the fifth day and haven't had a single error recorded, not that I had many before hand looking over the systems error logs, think I've only had three game crashes since March. Mostly had ones that have been my own fault. I'm trying to hold off just now on getting an M2 SSD due to pricing and what's available but feel that's where the real testing is needed. I wonder if it's multiple Betas over a duration or just the one.

On a separate issue I have noticed when compared to the PS4 on connecting the console to a laptop with a vpn via ethernet cable it would take a few attempts to be recognised but with the PS5 it connects every time no problem. This isn't due to the Beta but the PS5 in general straight out the box. GTA 5 was the worst with the Rockstar services but it's straight in now since owning the PS5.