Sony Playstation 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Bloodborne

If this turn out to be true omg, I would buy it again the horrid framepacing and 30fps in the game is why I could never finish it, sadly I highy doubt there will be "free" upgrade too it it probably be one on sonys "director cut" releases

IF it turns out to be actual true

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^ yeah would be amazing indeed! Bloodborne is my favorite game of all time!!! No doubt ! :D

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I think it might be the disk I put in doom eternal to try out the ray tracing option before that I had tlou 2 and that was quiet also I got the platinum on bloodborne hard but enjoyable I couldn't go though it again.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    props I could not even play once to end cause how bad framepacing and 30fps felt to me.

First time you put disc in ps5 it sound like jet taking off cause install for 20+ minutes:rolleyes:

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    has anyone tried out the ps4 digital release of FF7~8~9 on there ps5?

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well i see the ebay price of the PS5 has dropped somewhat, still more costly than retail but it has dropped from the insane £800 it was a few months ago, although i see everyone seems to be trying to dump the digital version as you can grab one now brand new for about £400. lol

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    upload_2021-7-20_15-29-55.png

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I think we are years off before we see reduction nm and power supply

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Oh that was close, i almost got a PS5 this morning as Argos had them in stock. ha

(Oh, hold on, says order pending, we may be in with a chance here). lol

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Redemption80 likes this.
  10. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    Any word on the expandable nvme slot yet?

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^ nah don’t think so, maybe on the next state of play we are given some info?

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well, that was a surprise, actually got one.
    [​IMG]

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    OMG!!!!!....i was enjoying No Mans Sky on my pro, but my god is this game even better looking on the PS5, and i can't get the game to run this smooth on my PC with my GTX1080 that cost the same as the ps5 when i bought it.......and here it is running and looking just fantastici, am in space exploration heaven now, Elite D is dead to me now, long live NMS on the psvr. Lol

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    I must admit that once I tried VR on a Pixel phone, I was very impressed. My new phone isn't compatible with the Daydream app anymore... Let's just hope there is enough support for another PSVR.

XP-200 likes this.
  15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    EA Play live today. Perhaps more BF 2042 footage?

• North America: 10am PDT / 11am MDT / 12pm CDT / 1pm EDT
    • UK/Ire: 6pm BST
    • Europe: 7pm CEST / 8pm EEST
    • Asia/Oceania: 2am JST / 1am AWST / 3am AEST

XP-200 likes this.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I am blown away with what the PS5 has brought to this PSVR HMD, just amazing, i mean this PSVR is 6 years old but plug it into a PS5 and fire up NMS and then you see just how much more this PSVR has to offer now it has the extra bang of the PS5 behind, amazing....while over on Elite D they still don't have planet atmosphere never mind living planets and a dynamic weather system, and now the NMS game devs have just made a mockery of the ED ones. lol

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Elite is multiplayer where as NMS is single player(You never seen anyone else). You can basically be as creative as you want without other players to think about.

XP-200 likes this.
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^I never played ED online as i just liked it for exploration and space trucking, and on the few occasions i did dared venture online it cost, as on one mission coming back from a 70 jump transport mission i bumped into a few griefers waiting in the one system you had no option to stop at to refuel, put me right off playing ths game online, no doubt why ED online it is dead these days. ha

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    That's basically what Eve Online is like once you venture in to low sec systems. Higher sec systems were protected by AI police.

XP-200 likes this.
  20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I had been playing ED since 2017 in vr and i have not fired a shot in the game as i always remove all weapons right away as i treat the game like a space version of Euro Truck 2/American truck sim and had no real interest in the combat side of it, and it was a nice relaxing game, but NMS is now doing that role, but even better because the PSVR has no glare issues and it is Oled panel, while the Quest II is lcd and even though it has a higher res per eye that LCD panel is just awful for blacks and colour vibrancy, and it ruins space games immersion because instead of space being deep black it is light grey with a light grey haze over everything, just horrible, so PS5 and the PSVR is now my space trucking simulator. :)

And as a bonus i am now set up for the PSVR II when it comes. :D