Sony Playstation 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    my ps4 has coilwhine i can hear when it off only and it only audibly if i right next to system. this not issue if mine has coilwhine i would prefer this over what the pro had has, if it as bad as it was in pro i likely to return for refund or sell it. which would be sad day:(

I though about get demon soul but i probably should of got it when playstation direct was selling it for 30$ now it 60$ everywhere including there.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/t...to-lawsuit-over-drifting-issues/1100-6487342/

that was quick, not sure if people are just looking for issue or if people just beat crap out controller and dont want to admit it

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bloodborne-60fps-patch-released-by-hacker/1100-6487299/
    If From software actual gave us 60fps patch I would actual play this game I cant bring my self to play it cause 30fps terrible long with its pacing issue.

honestly most game running 30fps look terrible when moving the camera very few actual move smoothly among other things at 30fps where it can actaul fool me in to thinking it running 60 which rarely happens

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

ah, yes! honestly I just want the console now, only for demons souls :D , atm I am playing it again, and just about to finish it the second time, in the last 2 weeks, playing on my trusty old ps3 slim.

all those mentioned "symptoms" are quite common in the new PS5s, and most likely they will be iron out in future updates. Too bad about the coil whine , especially for those that cannot stand it. I play with headsets all the time, so it would not bother me at all.

hopefully, will get my hands on the console myself, maybe we can coop in DS sometimes ! :D

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

well, 60fps should be the norm now for every game, at least on 1080p res. I do agree about the pacing issues, but myself I finished Bloodborne 6 times already, and loved it so much, as all souls like games, that I JUST IGNORED the framerate. Yesterday, I finished the Valley of defilement archstone in DS on ps3, and I am sure I HAD LIKE 23FPS or something like that :D , utterly bad, but I hanged on because I like the game that much.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah as i get older i finding that anything "bellow" 30 is completely unacceptable and 30fps is only playable so long as its void of pacing issue, HZD is one few game that can pull this off atlest in open world action game.

I much rather have my res and graphics sacrificed at this point to keep 60 fps, but for the PS5 there should Zero excuse for anything but 1080p 60fps being the Min requirements

6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    guess TSMC is manufactor them all, everychip basic made by them at this point ?

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    So, we are at page 44 of this thread and I have to restate what I've said before - if you have coil whine for your ps4 pro, or, a loud fan, you are unlucky and must have one of the earlier models because I do not have any noise at all with the chipset I have got, and, the use of an MX-500 SSD.

Can we finally, after all these years, please agree that NOT all PS4 Pro models have some kind of noise problem, because it is simply not true and is basically spreading false information?

Thank you.

OT: I am going to wait until there is a PS5 Pro before buying a PS5 - I simply see no reason to get a PS5 in it's current state, but, I really do love the design.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    When I look on the EB Games AU website they don't even have a page for the PlayStation 5, only accessories for it like controller & headphone & media remote..... the heck, it's been out for how long now...

You can even Pre-order PS5 games.... but not a console.. I still have no idea how expensive the console is meant to be.

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Ok so I managed to grab one :D the console is whisper quiet , have no coilwhine issues, all works great. I really like the UI, it’s light and smooth, not that clunky lagging mess form my ps4 pro.

have tried following games again:

ghost of Tsushima - a marvel at 60! Same can be said of days gone and GOW :D their just completely different games, worth playing again.

Tried Bloodborne again, and I must say, even if it’s still 30, the share brute force of the console made the pace framing gone for me! It’s a very smooth experience now! Definitely other people should try it now, that have frame pacing.

Waiting today on the Demons Souls to be delivered :D
    All in all, I like what I’ve experienced so far. Hope you guys get your hands on one soon! Peace ✌️

@WhiteLightning we should coop some times in DS :D

drandiiski likes this.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    I think it might be because of the COVID thing. Internet only, so no crazy can follow you home.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    for me some times there no direct link to but there "is" a link "if" it was bookmarked prior. I think most sites are taking down links unless they get stock.

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Lets not go there again shall we ? No one will agree with you. Lets just enjoy the ps5 shall we ?

@serbicu Niiice!! glad you got yours. you got no coil whine ? can you try on demons souls when you have it. just load the game (not sure what level i tried though), and turn the tv off. with mine there is a little coil whine, not much though.
    I am actually so happy it is quiet. It is strange with the controller even, since that enhances the sound even more then on the ps4 did. I do wonder how that is with the headphones though, does the controller still make noise or what ? its pretty useless then.

coop would be awesome , i get exhausted very fast though, so im not sure i am up for that tbh. just for the single player game i can play in small bursts even. but i honestly love the game so much. i do prefer the old design from the lava worms and shadow men oh and the ghosts in that map. but it is no biggy.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Is there an option to turn the sound from the controller off?

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Yes , there is a volume slider.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I got to ask is option to turn off the light bar crap on controller? or am i electrically taping this controller too that will really look hideous seeing it white

And how is controller? lots complains about drift on them going around and while on the controller subject how is the battery life, please tell me is last longer then DS4 that barely lasts 8 hours

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I have 0 drift on mine. about the light, its dimmed , so you cant completely shut it off. it is better then nothing though right ?
    The controller lasts longer then my dualshock4 controllers, how long i honestly do not know. the controller fits somewhat better in my hand as well, they extended it about, so my left and right pink doesnt slide off like it does with the ds4. it is also a bit heavier due to the larger battery.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well i knew it had bigger battery i just curious to how much longer is last seeing my ps5 isnt shipped yet, as for the light being dimmed it better then nothing, honestly lightbar on part where "cable" would be if it was wired was my issue cause how i hold my controller that light would be directly in my eye hence electrical tape on ds4 which it look like the removed that so, should not be much of issue.

I got high hopes and low expectations when come to "quality" of certain parts, which what made me get refund on the pro's i had :(

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    The battery feels like it is lasting longer, but then again, if the game engages all the haptics like Astro’s, it may drain it faster. It feels heavier and more substantial in the hands. May be it is just me and how I’m holding it, but I can feel the sharp edges of the handles on my pinky and ring fingers, a problem I did not have with the rounded DS4. The light is too dim to bother me, even playing in the dark, compared to the blinding Xbox logo on the Xbox One controller, that has me keeping my phone mount on it so it can cover it.

As for the console itself, I’ve already posted a few pages back, but I do not have any coil whine, buzzing or other strange sounds. The loudest thing by far is the disk drive when spinning.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Are the analog sticks better for movement than the PS4 ones? As they were rubbish. They look exactly the same in the photos