Sony Playstation 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm If read new about this corret I can get copy of nioh 2 for ps5 when it released free, Nioh is a rebuy

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well good news, the PSVR adaptor i applied for just days before Sony announced they were killling the PSVR and it would not be supported natively on the PS5, is on its way.....but on a positive this new adaptor and my PSVR can now sit next to my Kinect II and its adaptor........so we are starting a nice little collection of dumped hadrware and their adaptors, that must be worth something in the future. lol

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    It might be worth something if it's never taken out of the original box/packaging.

XP-200 likes this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    of coarse it will year down there road, I know some one that bought ps4vr just to have "it" but never took it out of the box and never will be taken out box, and even they want to play with it, they cant it bury in storage unit and there NEVER home cause he is truck driver so he home 2 days week and those day he drunk.

He has UNOPEN SEALED copy of Spacequest. My jaw drop to floor when I Saw that.. Tired to get him to give to me but refused to do so cause he knew i would open and trying play on my his old x286... I have few ps4 game sealed still one them is some obscure jrpg game cause I have copies of it

On note PS5 my urge to get has been peeked by the fact Nioh and Nioh 2 are getting ps5 native verisons I can get PS5 verison Nioh 2 free but i not sure I will to pay for Nioh and 3rd time

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    I will get a PS5, just can't afford it at the moment. Still want to build another PC too.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Pc rebuild for me tend to come 2 or 3 years after new console gen is released and maybe once more before end of console gen, even IF we could afford ps5 no you can not find it anyway way

SerotoNiN and Ghosty like this.
  7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    I've seen videos that YT recommends relating to the PS5 UI. I mean, come on now. Why spoil every little bit of the console just for views?

8. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Got my PS5 on Saturday. So far so good. Waiting for Spider-Man to come in. For some reason the bundle I pre-ordered shipped the system by itself and the games/ 2nd controller in a different package that hasn't arrived yet. In the mean time I got DMC5 SE. Man that game sucks lol. Ray Tracing or not.

To @tsunami231 point, I think waiting to upgrade a PC makes sense for at least a year to two after console. I purchased Godfall this weekend because I'm a looter junkie...this game also sucks, there is no loot even though it's considered a looter....it runs like ass on my 2080 in 4K. I looked up benchmarks, seems it's not even averaging 60fps in 4k on the 3080. And it still has a RT patch coming. This is an early game in the console gen. I'm continually happy I was forced to wait and not buy into the 3080 hype. I'm just going to game on the PS5 and wait until the next gen of gpu's hits and do a full overhaul of video and mobo/cpu. My 6700K is still going strong but I'd like pci-e 4.0 and hopefully better 4k performance by the time another slew of cpus hit next year. Even this most recent cpu release by amd is really lacking once you go into 4k territory. I think it's maybe 5fps more than what I have, a cpu from almost 5 years ago.

Ghosty likes this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @SerotoNiN

Pretty much reason why I wait after new consoles. I still amazed by what ps4 (base) can do with underpower cpu an gpu 4k is still kind of hit more thing on PC, the New Consoles see to have better chance of running cause there much more optimized. at at this point seem to have performance mode or graphic mode.

I have tried bunch times to try order ps5 but never got past "review" order and when I did it was sold out. Because I cant find one I want one now, but soon as it readily available, I will most likely be eh about and wait till revisions come out with bigger internal storage going from 2TB to less the 1TB is kind big slap in face imo, that and I probably just be using PS5 to play Nioh 2 with 60fps.. cause there no game on PS5I care about and most ps4 game I have I would love to play in "pro" mode with enhancements where available .money I was gona use on PRO got saved for PS5 when I hear horrid coil whine pro suffers from

My cousin already got hand on one and complain about storage size already. then he looked NVME expansion storage price and was all wtf. he thought drives were gona cost $50 for like 2tb despite me warning him. I really feal bad for people that got Xbox s series with it 512gb drive with less then like 350 gb usable that is 2 cod game if you into cod

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Most people probably only play FIFA and COD anyways.

SerotoNiN likes this.

11. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    The storage works for me because I usually only play one game at a time. If I overload with too many games, I never beat any of them. It's like trying to read 3 books at the same time. I just focus on one game until it's beaten or I determine it's not worth playing anymore. Then I have one or two games I keep to play for a while...something like Warface or Division...the kind of game that doesn't really end. And I recently made the move to pay $20 extra a month to remove any data caps on my bandwidth so I can download as much as I want without worrying about going over for the month. This really helps. but I can see how some have issues with the size. I've just never been one to fill a drive, even on my PC.

I do like how compatible this is so far. A lot of PS4 games just work. And have a nice bump in frame rate. All of the digital ps4 games I own work on the PS5. I also got a year subscription of ps+ with this ps5 bundle so there's a few games I have access to I haven't played that I will probably check out. I know the launch lineup seems weak, but man, I'm old. I remember back when N64 had...2 launch titles...2...Mario 64 and Pilot Wings. I just need Spiderman to get here. Lol. I might give Vahalla a shot. Seems like Ryse meets God of War. And from what I read that's another title already running like garbage on PC and pushing even new cards to their limits.

12. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Two games I don't even look at as a possibility personally. The yearly stuff doesn't appeal to me. No innovation.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    I feel the same way. I've not played either for a couple of years. I don't feel like I'm missing out, quite the opposite infact.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    CoD can kiss my ass I hate them with passion and FIFA yah hell no, I rather play PES games and will play PES if I ever get into urge to play futbol I have like the last 5 PES lite released which more then enough to appease my futbol urges, Then again I have not touch EA sport game since like 2005 which was probably last time I bougt a NHL game. Does EA still use the slogan "its in the game" cause it hasnt been in the game for me for long time

CoD is played by alot people it not diffrent then sport games EA release everyyear imo, just a new shell

SerotoNiN likes this.
  15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    The best EA games were on the SEGA Megadive.

16. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    The only game I can remember EA being involved with that I liked was the original Mirrors Edge...but I'm not even sure if they developed it or just published it. Man that was a good game.

Again, my love of looters had me buy Anthem. What. A. procreating. Mistake. Lol

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Even the preview videos of the game looked rubbish. Which is quite a hard thing to achieve

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    SerotoNiN likes this.
  18. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Congratulations ps5. You are superior on the most anticipated and heavy game of the year before cb2077.

serbicu likes this.
  19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah, got message from Amazon that new consoles will be available to order today from 13:00 my local time. Prepared myself 10 minutes before, refreshed like crazy lol, and then came 13:00 pm sharp, and site not working.
    So... no ps5 for me then!
    What a joke !!! One of the most sheeteeey launches ever :D

Noe I’m inclined to say I don’t want one anymore, but I would be lying.

20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    any chance of downloading PS1 games? just got it Disc edition