Sony Playstation 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    I'm sure you can do. Unless they plan on closing down permanently.

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Was not able to preorder until now :(
    Hopefully, before launch on Amazon again maybe?
    If not, will try to go to some store on the day of release, but I doubt they will have some.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Personally I would wait until after the new year. Stock will be limited to ramp up demand over the festive period.

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Well, I just want one game to play on November, December, and that is demon souls! :D
    What else is there? Yes, cyberpunk2077 , but now, after all these delays, I got a bitter taste in my mouth, My 2080ti is gathering dust, did not start my PC since 3 weeks now....

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^ Well now Sony are dumping VR i have no interest in the PS5 either, and i had my gameplan all set out in advance for the last few months, trade my pro in for thr PS5 then trade in the PSVR for the PSVR2 in 2021, and grab a Oculus Quest 2 for PCVR gaming, it was all looking rosy...........but now that roadmap is dead in a ditch, so it seems the PC will be getting that £500 for a RTX3070 and i will just double down on PCVR with the Quest 2.........i mean it's sod law right, the one thing i have any interest in on the PS platform and have been completely enjoying on the pro, and Sony 11 days from launch decided to drop this corporate speak of a clanger that vr is now "way down the road for them". :mad:

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^^^ I feel you... between working from home now (which I love btw) there’s so much work in IT now!!! And most of the time left I want to spend with my family, I just allocate myself very little precious time for playing video games, and I am just so picky right now, that there are no games that interest me that much atm, to even give them a second thought!

It’s so funny tbh, you get to a certain age,I can afford anything related to gaming nowadays, but unless it’s something really special, the rest of the time I don’t even touch my gaming devices. Other things are far more important for me now.

I remember the old day’s, young student , alone , no money, and all the torrents I could download , try every games there is out there.Then later on, I used to buy games, and never finish them :D ... so a few months ago, I decided not to do that anymore, unless it’s something I really want to give my time to.

gmavignier and XP-200 like this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Of course it all fits now, IT people caused this pandemic just so they could work from home. lol

But it was a nice dream while it lasted, i had visions of the PS5 kicking out ultra max highend visuals and settings with the PSVR 2 versions of Elite Dangerous and No mans Sky kiicking butt and all the old PSVR vr games getting boosts and patches to use all that extra power.......but it seems it was all just a pipe dream........oh well, but if i were to take anything positive it is that Sony just saved me what would have been about £900, if the PSVR 2 were to say be £400....so there is that is suppose. lol

serbicu likes this.
  8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/ MAC M1
  9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^LOL...i really did think at first glance that was the PS5 with those ssd drives in the front........then i put my glasses on, but that is brilliant. lol

cryohellinc likes this.
  10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Have a look through the games on sale on STEAM. Always something to play. :)

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Shush dont say that, I have 115 of steam games that I got free mostly free that never played and 25 something steam game I actual bought, I didnt play more then half of them and that providing I actual installed them. I might mostly want to play my games on my pc but fact i cant have ps4 controller on pc with out some 3rd party program or driver is pain so i currently using ifyoo pro gaming controller that is wired I kept using my logitech cordless rumble pad 2 to the die it died, got F710 which was utter crap, endless have lag issue even when 2 feet away forget when it was 10 feet and constantly dropping connection and ridiculously amount of tension on the press trigger buttons.

I love DS design and shape, Logitech is only one that really still use that shape they went to xbox controller shape, ifyoo is xbox controller shape and size which to small compared to ds shape/size but atlest the ifyoo controller works.

I am sad that sony has decided make ds5 shape like xbox controller minus the d-pad/analog placement i would been really pissed if the changed that too

One these day I might actual get around to install and play witcher 3, middle earth shadow of war, hellblade, divinity II, dragon dogma and god knows what else so game I have installed but never ever started.

Spend more time on ps4 these days nioh 2 just keep bring back day in and day out, so fracking frustrating but fun

XP-200 and serbicu like this.
  12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah, been there...done that :D have tons of games not finished, and they will stay like that. Like I previously mentioned, for the little precious time I allocate for gaming, I need something special. Those games are very rare nowadays, unfortunately :(

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    I tend to favor games like Killing Floor 2, and Left for Dead 2. I can jump in and out whenever I want.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    115 games.......how quaint. lol

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    I used to have more than that, until I created another account just to play a select few.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am sure there those around here with 5x more then I have. i am also sure if I keep buying game from steam when there on sale at some point I will have that many and still only play fraction of them, atles on pc I know all the game will go from pc to pc, unlike consoles :(

XP-200 likes this.
  17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    It's the same with console I have loads on there I don't play or only played a couple of times. I try not to buy much these days.

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Oh those steam sales are a vicious circle, fight against them or they will consume you. Lol

But to think i only made a steam account back in the day to get HL2, and today a 4TB hdd is not enough to hold my steam account..........and don't get me started on the consoles. Lol

dark_surge likes this.
  19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I had to pay upfront for the ps5 and got a ticket and on the day I hand over the ticket collect the console and walk out.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it is a horrid cycle this steam summer sale i only only bought bloodstained.... last few years i been buy 3-5 games during the sale so fought the urge this year much better. of last 4 year prior, I probably spent about 100$ dollars and play 2 or 3 of the 10 game i bought in those years , But I ACTUAL installed and played bloodstained after getting it reminds me of much of SOTN in so many different ways.

Consoles are just as bad but there reason why I buy them on disc... IF i have to do the delet this delete that game I can just install the game via disc and not worry about psn taking forever to download games. I serisouly hope downloads on ps5 are half your actual speed. I have 400mbit connection that gets more like 500mbit but psn download are barely 200mbit and the size of game dont help. some times download are much slower then 100mbit

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    XP-200 likes this.