Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Better say a test or a bunch of tests. We cannot conclude performance numbers so easily.

pharma likes this.
  2. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I think if console performance was not an issue they would not have so many optimizations as compared to PC's.
    Dev's have said they like the DF video because it explains a complex issue in an uncomplicated way.

itpro likes this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    660gb of space usable? GTFO is sony insane

This lack of space and COST of such drive to expand is gona come back to bit them on the ass

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    itpro likes this.
  4. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    With two or three storage expansion pieces from 1tb each, either xbox or ps5 we could buy an extra console. Console gaming will decline, I can see more and more people upgrading their PCs instead.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeah i will wait until is see this from the console when its out in the wild in actual consumers hands as i am somewhat skeptical of these, shall we say, "hand picked early reviews".........but just over 4 weeks until launch and we still don't have a complete picture of the console, i mean what is going on with Sony, at this point i would have expected a full teardowns from a few tech review sites.....but so far nothing, all we got are some handpicked Japanese YT channels drip feeding almost nothing. Lol

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is that running ps5 game @ 4k? and quiet? honestly I gona wait that storage space is joke. I have had 2 tb drive in my ps4 for while. going to 664gb usable out of 825gb is slap in the face, unless 500+ taxes magicly appear in my pocket, the idea of pay 150$ mostliely for expandable drive is not appealing either

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    8 mins of Godfall. AI looks quite competent. Fast paced combat.

9. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Graphics are good and an improvement over last-gen consoles, but one thing I anticipated was more DOF on console games. The backgrounds are still highly optimized (blurred vegetation, details) when compared to what you would find on a PC. That's the primary thing holding me back from getting a console; still requires to many optimizations.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    more like the putting the extra power to other things. I hate DoF I disable were able along with Blurring

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Godfall is also coming to PC. Saw the advert when installing ATI drivers.

pharma likes this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Any requirement posted? I really curious what "drive" requirement are gona be. I have zero interested in buy NVME drive which really expensive to continue playing games on pc

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Not yet. Checked the official AMD Godfall page but nothing noteworthy.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Oh well I can wait, Nioh 2 has become my new Skyrim in how much time i put into it, so i can wait and see how this all play out, I really do want to see how PS4 BC works though is it gona just play they game like they would on "pro" or would boost performance to said game like does on Xbox X series?

Seriously the name scheme for xbox is getting almost as bad as nintendo wii and wii u naming and people have been confused by name scheme when pre ordering there new system as go the articles i read amazon was one them place reporting this.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    According to a few reports so far, the PS5 is not very load when the fan is running at full speed.

tsunami231 likes this.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    That is great so long is hold true?! and Coil whine is not issue , I will get system at somepoint but I pretty sure it wont be till few revisions and it has BIGGER default storage with how expensive those NVMe no thanks to that 825gb that really 664gb usable.

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That is a very well thought out and excellent designed console. 40mm CPU/GPU fans are not too bad at all. Easy to take off and clean if need be.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    SSD drive soldered to the main board, so if it goes bad and the console is out of warrenty what happens then, you have to send the entire unit to Sony to get replaced it at silly repair costs, or just buy a new console just to get a working SSD drive...who thought this was a good idea, i mean i ps4 joybad going bad after say 18 month and not recharging i will eat the cost of having to buy a new one because built in battery....but a built in SSD drive. :confused:

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    There is a slot to add a M2 drive. It's difficult to know if you can add it as a primary drive or not due to speed caps.