Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't disagree if it's your main hobby. As I've aged my priorities have changed and my hobbies have also expanded. So to keep my wallet and more importantly, my wife happy, I try to wait on games these days. Not just for price, but for stability. I need to drop a hobby or two honestly $$. Lol.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Pre orders went live last week in our small eastern European country and caught me be surprise. I wasn’t really expecting it to get here so soon. Gave myself a few hours to decide, but eventually pre-ordered the one with the disk (2nd hand market is a big plus for me). The digital edition was sold out everywhere immediately, but 3-4 days were needed for all the other consoles to clear everywhere. Anyways, now that I’ve seen the craze for the new consoles and how they sell out everywhere around the world, I’m happy that I did that too. Christmas break would not be the same without a new toy.

In terms of games I’m OK too – Demon’s Souls and Spiderman look amazing, although the new prices mean I’m not buying new games at launch anymore. It is possible that an exception could be made for DS, as I’m a sucker for everything From soft. Really hope Cyberpunk next gen update will come sooner, rather than later .. please CDPR! Add to that Destiny 2 expansion, the PS+ collection and some more backlog from the PS4, hopefully with some patches and there will be more than enough to play this winter.

Now only one tiny problem remains, WTF is wrong with all the damn TVs out there?! The more I look for a new TV, the more I realize that in 2020, when TV manufacturers are trying to push 8K, there are barely any decent 4K sets out there. Yes I know, I’m being a bit dramatic, but seriously, do try and find a TV that has at least two HDMI 2.1 ports that support all the damn things you need/want for gaming like a few HDR standards, VRR, LFC and what not at 4K 120Hz. The LGs looked promising, but now it turs out they have problems with VRR, that may or may not be fixed.. The search continues…

Loobyluggs and Serotonin like this.
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Look for the linux Sony TV's. Should fit the bill. 2.1 is only just being added to the latest 2020 TV's.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Your friend and mine has got you covered:

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Just empty boxes. :)

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    there always empty boxes on display. i see the new boxes dont even list space drives anymore? or are they just hiding it?

serbicu likes this.
  9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Lol , yeah ! Why would they put 1tb if you actually get like 800 something gb space left :D, same applies for the new Xbox series x as well.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    was more of joke to have pro is 1 tb (before) and ps5 is 825gb (before) os stuff installed, going backward in storage space probably not something that want to draw much attention too

serbicu likes this.

11. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  12. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    That's an interesting video, but he makes a mistake.
    The PS5 doesn't have the same ray tracing power has the 2060 Super. The 2060 Super has 20 RTTFLOPs.
    According to Andrew Goossen, the SBSX has 13 RTTFLOPs. Sony has yet to confirm the RT performance of the PS5.
    But scaling CUs with RT performance, means that the PS5 has around 10-11 RT-TFLOPs. But then there is the issue that RT on navi2 is done on the texturing units. These units are either doing texture calculations or ray tracing calculations. Not both at the same time. This means that real world performance will be even lower than those 10-11 RTTFLOPs.
    Finally, Turing has the second generation of RT Cores from nVidia. Already improved in efficiency, compared to Volta. But on AMD side, this is only the first generation, so it might be that it's not as good.

13. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Please don't spread horseshit like RTTFLOPs, rtflops and such BS. You drag down forums' level and credibility.

14. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Oh really, then explain how you compare performance.

15. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Everyone knows RTX2080ti is weaker at some aspects VS PS5/XSX. You bring RT horseshit and tell us trash gpu like 2060 super has almost twice the raytracing power vs PS5. You're embarrassing yourself with idiotic rumors and unneeded opinions from nobodies who try to tell us something.

I prefer true numbers and real scenarios, confirmed and/or approved. 2080ti cannot do 1080p60fps Raytracing at all titles, 2060 super cannot do 1080p30 at all titles and you just ignore like that nobody you mentioned/stated "rtflops" that next gen console is able to do raytracing 1440p60fps. :)

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Then you think that Andrew Goossen, one of the architects of the Xbox Series X is wrong when he claimed the performance figures for the XBSX?
    In case you don't know, both the PS5 and the XBSX use the same arquitecture: RDNA2 from AMD.

Saying that consoles wil support ray-tracing at 1440p60fps, means nothing.
    Especially considering that on this vary game where DF made it's analysis, clearly states that only the 30 fps mode has ray-tracing enabled.

Besides, ray-tracing is very scalable in terms of quality. Be it with the amount of rays, the amount of bounces, etc.
    If you lower settings low enough even the PS5 can do some ray-tracing.
    Just look at that analysis by DF. Reflections are done in 1/4 resolution. And in several scenes objects are not even ray-traced to improve performance.

But maybe the problem is not the numbers I stated. maybe the problem is that you expect the PS5 to do much better than to be outclassed by 2 year old hardware.
    On all your rant, you mostly just spew insults and rage. Not facts, not numbers.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i dont care about RT I perfer 60FPS games not this 30FPS consoles game developer want to hold on too 60fps is infinitely more smoother and nicer to to look at that 30, 30 FPS to jarring to look at to say the lest for me.

RT is not ready for mainstream RT is just Feature to sell us on the console prices Maybe on the PC?? but those card that do it well withouy the huge hit from the first 2 gen RT, are 800$ cards

True 4k gaming without dynamic res and 60fps probably inst gona happen especial with RT with out it it could happen. and even it was possible they would hold on to that 30fps and more eye "candy" long as they give use the option for 60FPS from now on I dont care, RT and extra eye candy way less important. older i get the less I can stand to look at or play 30 fps games, which really only happens on consoles. I dont remember the last time I play PC game that was NOT 60fps

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  18. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    He is talking about RT capabilities. Based on this review, the data correctly infers that the 2060 surpasses both consoles in this particular function (RT).

itpro likes this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    see the tech in ps5/xbox is already year if not older in terms of performance by time it specs were finish and AMD didnt even HAVE RT capable card release at the time spec reveals. I dont expect RT to be very good to begin with and not without the peformance hits and no one should seeing cause of RT card in first place. I think it time it will get better on upcoming gen but still would prefer 60 fps over RT effect

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

itpro likes this.