Sony Playstation 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Because you are currently playing your Pro on a plasma TV and claiming to be outputting "the same" but NO plasma TV accepts a 4k input. You are therefor playing the PS4 pro at 1080p and that does not stress the console enough to ramp the fan up. I can hook my pro up to a 1080p monitor and yes it's quiet.

You originally disagreed with me and other users when we said the pro is loud when outputting 4k CB (checkerboard) and HDR. If the pro is only outputting FHD (1920x1080) and doesnt have "boost" enabled it does not get hot at all.

XP-200 likes this.
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Yeah at a 1080p setting the pro is silent, it only turns into a Boing 747 ramping up to take off when you start playing 4k CB games, Sony just went cheap with the pro cooling, as is quite evident when compared to the all-round smaller form factor of the XBX, which is actually pushing native 4k and is whisper quiet out of the box and without having to spend another £100 changing the HDD to a SSD, but that is what happens when you spend actually money on the cooling system rather than just cram in overclocks and just assume a bit of a bigger box will do the trick. lol

Thankfull the PS5 is around the corner so hopefully Sony have taken notice, and i don't usualy touch at launch but this time i will be happy to see the Pro traded in towards the PS5, and i suspect a lot of Pro owners will be doing the same just for a quiet life. lol

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    For goodness sake, I was quite detailed about the teevee I was using, and you are acting as if I did not list that teevee. Why ask for information if you are going to ignore it?

And yes, I have always had boost on - of course I have.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    When I did have the PRO it was used @ 1080p and for most part it was much quieter then my cuh 1116a @ 4k completely diffrent story for the pro.

Like said I just want sony to fix the loud asf fan and coilwhine pro has that is really my only concerns as for ps5 goes

Loophole35 and XP-200 like this.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Mine has no coil whine but the fan noise on 4k CB is atrocious. My launch PS4 was worse though on really heavy titles.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    lucky as for coil whine goes on pro.

my CUH-1116A it bearble fan noise wise. but if it has HDR going it it can and does get worse. soon as I turn off HDR it back to bearable

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    wait is there gona be black edition? or is this custom job

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    nope, this is official.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Launch design is white only.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    frack launch then I dont want it in white I will wait for the black

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    This is just something this video owner made from the White ps5 reveals with some video tools and imagines, they states this in the description of this video.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Yeah sorry guys, i misread the article. its custom art. :(

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Made by someone with no taste!

What they could have done is at least, flip the theme - that would have been the logical thing to do, because what they did is just junk.

As an aside - if you had an non-propulsion engine that could travel at light speed+ (and therefore aerodynamics are irrelevant, as is exhaust, because you do not have or need one) what shape would your space ship be?

More like a Borg cube (maximum usage of space) or more like the The United Planets Cruiser C-57D ?

The reason I ask (this is on topic) as that, I think more people are more inclined to prefer form over function - especially if you have something in your living room, as it will more commonly be something you have to look at.

I really think Sony made a great choice here - unlike MS, who seem to think we can all be assimilated...to make us borg drones...

[​IMG]

Swooping curves are awesome...

WhiteLightning likes this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    booo I dont the new "color" scheme. I never liked "white" shell on electronics for some reason that and black goes with everything I have :rolleyes:

I dont understand why Sony is now using MS white scheme and MS is now use Sony black scheme

@Loobyluggs

I think your wrong I think that is the color the ps5 should be matches the color of all the other PS systems I have :p

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    I'm sure there will be options in the future, but for now, I think the best choice is what they have promoted, because...if ALL of your remote controls are grey/black, then the PS5 will stand out VERY clearly.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i dont want it to stand out nor do I like White electronics/box cause they dirt stand out on them. meh I sure it be list of dislikes when I get one.

Have we actual see picture video ps5 on and in standby mode? (not that I ever use that I just turn off the system)
    I despised the long led light that white when the ps4 system is on and despised that same led light turn orange when the system was in standby. which why I never used standby

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Doesn't really bother me what it looks like honestly, it'll get thrown in the A/V unit and mostly forgotten about, as long as it's cool and quiet i'll be happy.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3200U
    Consumer "Hello, i would like to purchase your shiny new PS5 please"
    Sony "No problem, that will be £5000"
    Consumer "Here you go.....wait £5000?
    Sony "Indeed, this is the latest one we do. It can do everything, even make coffee for you". " It knows when you are talking or away in the kitchen, it still enjoys to hear you".
    Sony "Oh and before you go.....You will be wanting one of these(swings external SSD drive in hand)"
    Consumer "Why?"
    Sony "Oh let's just call it insurance against....who knows what?
    Sony "PSPlus?"
    Consumer "(Runs out of shop empty handed)"

XP-200 likes this.
  20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    ?

I'm out the loop on this - what are you making reference to?