1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Playstation 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah ryzen cpu should fix cpu bottleneck issue, I not sure I buy the 8k or RT seeing as those 800$ gpu take huge hits with RT

I do miss my jrpg that actual play like jrpg

Geryboy likes this.
  3. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    From x86 AMD to another x86-64 AMD, shocking!.. Probably says more about the sotfware and tools rather then hardware at this point.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Compatible with the present psvr hardware.....that is all i needed to know. :)

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah working with the current psvr headset is good, but most likely we will see a new and better psvr headset soon, so everyone will want to buy that right? :D

I am only going to buy the PS5 this time around, no sense in touching anything from Microsoft, since all their games are on PC as well, even the long awaited "exclusives" from them.

Makes sense to have both next gen consoles, only if you do not have a beefy PC IMO.

XP-200 likes this.
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Pc for all my digital store content and pcvr, Xbox for my 3 gens of digital xbox content, and ps for psvr exclusives and GT..........perfect setup for me as it covers every base. ;)

Now all i need is 38 hours in the day and we are sorted. Lol

serbicu likes this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    in few million years you will have that 38 hours a day, that still wouldnt be enough time for me to finish my games hahah

8. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Hope we get unlocked framerate option with freesync2. That'd be pretty sweet and a good reason to finally buy a new monitor - also miniLED 10bit panels should be the norm by 2020 - so yeah should be good.

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Interesting discussion if you have the patience and time to do so :D

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    All i need to know is will it speed up the backwards compatible games that drop below 30fps.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  12. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It's almost as if 5200 rpm hdd's are.. pretty bad or something huh?

13. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Every new cycle I claim I will be PC exclusive. I haven't done that since PS2-era.
    Games like Madden only being on console kept me from doing this.
    This time I'm really going to try hard. As anything that is released on all platforms, is always purchased for PC by me. Always the superior version.
    Exclusives from Sony have disappointed me this gen. Uncharted 4 was solid, everything else, I felt, was very forgettable. And it seems Xbox exclusives will also hit PC nowadays. So...I should be fine.

I assume the next line of GPU's will be able to hit console levels if not a bit more.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes it will. just like the pro did for existing games.

15. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Rumored to be 13 tflops.
    What are current pc gpu's @?

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Of course you dont buy any console at this point.

New ones are coming from Sony & Microsoft.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    A 2080Ti is 11,7 TFLOPS but still, that number is theoretical since the Vega 7 is 11,1 TFLOPS and the 2080Ti annihilates it. So one thing is processing power but another thing is execution and optimization.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Only thing that worries me is when he said, It will be priced nicely account to current tech. which scarey current tech that has Ray tracing is 800+ dollars and that is just gpu and have massive hits to performance from them at that,nvidia added tracing to older gen threw drivers, but if there current card has massive hits how bad is it on old tech?

But I am really happy that ps4 game will run on it out of the box I have no reason to get pro and wont get one now I will just get ps5 now if they they will will have enhanced framerates. cause at this point it really is same HW architecture just must faster and more power full so console should be come like PC in that my in the newer/better/faster hw make older game run faster and better now if only they were nice enough to do this for ps3 games too, and continue to do this from now on.

One reason why I kept to PC mostly is cause Every new gen that came along I could not play my last gen game on new tech with better performance

19. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    XboneX memebacks..
    Anyway, flops or no flops, you're not dealing with a PC nor directX with AMD taking to 3 years to extract the GPU potential via drivers (when somehow AMDs products end up faster than nvidia only to find no one cares any more) It's different when you speak more directly to the hardware.
    Also wish i could remember that marketing term nvidia came up with to "measure" tensor performance, bet i could make a good joke out of that one.(

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    pretty sure xbox one is based off modified version of DX not sure where you get it not dealing with DX. MS even stated Xbox is based off modified version of DX and there multiple article on the web that state this. I am also sure Opengl drivers on AMD end are utter crap compared Nvidia which according to alot dev's horrible implanted and missing alot features AMD even has bigger Overhead in the DX11 API version Nvidia, which why DX12 and Vulcan Showed so much gain on AMD side verse Nvidia said. which alot people ignored when seeing DX 12/Vulcan Gains on AMD VS Nvidia Gains compared for DX 11

HW power means nothing when driver/software running it is bad. now when game programed for AMD and not Nvidia AMD will win and when there programed for Nvidia and not AMD Nvidia will win and general speaking when is programmed for neither specifically it come down to who drivers or more optimized.

I not defend Nvidia or AMD