Sony PlayStation 4 to go x86

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Some rumors indicate that Sony's next-generation PlayStation codenamed Orbis will use a x86 processor and a Southern Islands GPU both from AMD while Microsoft's next-generation Xbox codenamed Durango...

More...

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Hold on... 6670? I thought it was going to be the 6770... may all that is good have mercy on PC gaming over the next 5-10 years.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    lol , are you quiting playing games ?

4. iFRAC7UR3

iFRAC7UR3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX 680 2Gb
    console owners that still only rely on consoles for games usually dont bother with high end grapgics anymore.. and graphicwhores such as I, have or will eventually jump ship to custom PC

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Possibly. I'm really considering it. I rarely play anything these days except League of Legends anyway. Yep... a 6900's power used for League of Legends which can run on onboard video.

6. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    yeah im getting board with gaming also... there's nothing fun anymore :(

7. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    :p

Board?
    [​IMG]

:p

8. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    :D I lolled. But seriously, it's my 360 that's gathering dust atm. Just CBA with console games in general. PC is a far better platform, well worth the initial investment given the use I get out of it.

9. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    LoL? You're not allowed to complain about anything anymore. :grad:

10. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    Ditch the consoles and program everything for the PC. Controllers can be made for pc. Have sony ps3 and 360 controller for pc... Use mouse and keyboard for FPS/Strat. the hell with consoles. Nintendo is the only one. and they should even go to PC. Whats the point of having a slower/slow computer you cant upgrade. YAY! :banana::banana:

Had my vidcards for 3+ years now, still doing good. and i can upgrade as well...why do i want a console? oh yeah Grand turismo...lame...Forza..lame..and fight night....WHY ARE THEY NOT ON A PC?

And where the hell is killer instinct 3...these are questions that need to be looked into damit. :bang:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh. I dont care what they use but they all better be able to do 1080p 60fps 4xAA/AF at min for all games. or I wont even buy another console. As it is I cant bare to being my self to finish the games I have on them cause, my eyes bleed from the lack of 30fps and sub 720p games .

The computer I have that cost the same about as the ps3 when I bought it has more raw power then the ps3 does and can handle 1080p 4xAA/AF and 60fps is most games. consoles lack all that, and I tired of the ****ty ports pc gets cause console are were all games are made these days, cept for the hand full that are pc only.
    and aLot of those games dont even push pc tech one bit either it only the terrible console ports that push em cause how bad they were optimised and lets not forget that console games tend to cost more then pc counter part, despiste looking worse then the pc verison too.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  12. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I've been there, got bored of games for awhile.

But there's always something to claw me back,lol.

Never found the need for a 360. Awful build quality and rrod fisaco proved me correct at the time.

Was always a pc gamer, but bought a ps3 for a few games that looked the part, and was glad i did.

PS3 came in handy for alot of things, from streaming from pc to ps3 on other tv. Blu-ray on big tv, Exclusives like uncharted, god of war, motorstorms i enjoyed, and some multiplats.

Battlefield 3 i bought on PC for the higherend graphics and bigger battles/maps etc/player count.

Not sure how the next gen of consoles is going to pan out, but hopefully alot more powerful then what i've heard.

6670 just isn't going to cut it.

Sony should have kept going with cell for cost(maybe refined it more and added better tools, and added a very very good gpu, KEPLER. Lower end one would have been sweet. and 4gb of ram.

I won't be buying a 720 either, don't trust ms,lol. and i would never pay for playing a game online, for which i've already payed, that's just taking the piss. xboxlive has too many features i couldn't give a toss about.

I'll wait it out, and if neither are good enough, i'll leave it this time.

13. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
  14. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Master Guru

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX

get minecraft men, it is actaully very fun and when i first playde it i thuoght what the hell is this!!! but after a bit it is really good when u laern how to make sticks and chop down trees. and then their is the mining, after u have made a pikaxe u can mine for iron and daimonds very adictive

15. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    like their that many games making full use off latest gpu like how many ?
    metro 2033 ? crysis ? crysis 2 ? bf3 ? like maybe 10 games ?
    not everything is focused on raw gpu procesing power either......

16. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    ever since the cursed ps3 and xbox360 came into the scene the gaming industry hit a stall state , graphics are hardly improving and games developer are not even trying to come up with new original video games ideas due to the retarded console controls , comparing the development of video games prior to current gen consoles and afterwards is truly sad .

17. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    I think the cold reality is that the only reason most pig companies invest big amounts into games is to sell them.

If the investment levels are much lower and sales are the same they will make more money.

It's probably some sort of dirty little secret pact between all the big boys including console system devs!

EDIT: pig was a typo, but I think I'll leave it in, lol

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Totally agree with Jcazz on this. There are some games that should have come to PC anyway.

I don't trust any of these companies, but, ms is worse than Apple on gaming front. Windows 7 gaming support from ms = yeah right :p

19. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    What ? MS not as good as apple as gameing ? uh what rock have you ... nm won't say lol laughs

20. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Just Curious, How does HD6670 compare to current xbox 360 graphics???